Razi Mireskandari > Simons Muirhead Burton > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Simons Muirhead Burton Offices
87-91 Newman Street
- Go to...
Managing partner, head of civil litigation.
Simons Muirhead & Burton, qualified 1986, partner 1989.
Sir Walter St John’s Grammar, Battersea; Sussex University (BA hons, International Relations); Keele University (MA, Law of the Sea).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Simons Muirhead Burton is seen as the go-to practice for defendant work by some of the largest publishers and broadcasters in the country, including MGN and Channel 4. In addition, the team has a strong track record defending some of Europe’s largest publishing houses, NGOs and trade unions. Department head Jeffrey Smele advises news organisations on defamation, privacy, data protection and regulation and confidentiality issues, particularly during pre-publication clearance. Louis Charalambous is an expert in the content aspects of journalism, including libel, privacy and contempt. Razi Mireskandari, who brings his exerience as dispute resolution team head to the group, is skilled in media litigation. Stephen Shotnes is skilled in litigation and pre-publication clearance issues, while Martin Soames specialises in publishing disputes. Senior associate Emma Linch is another key name, specialising in defamation and misuse of private information work.
Headed by managing partner and experienced commercial litigator, Razi Mireskandari, Simons Muirhead Burton‘s commercial disputes practice has ‘an excellent awareness of litigation risks and opportunities‘. The group also comprises Stephen Shotnes, a specialist in the forensic and evidential aspects of litigation, and Antony Perlmutter, who is ‘head and shoulders above most of his peers‘. Within the consultant ranks, Peter Gould heads a commercial litigation unit that focuses on high-value claims, and Dina Shiloh is another experienced commercial litigator.
- Leading individuals London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Reputation management London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Theatre, publishing and other media
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Digital content & social
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design