Mr Chaoyi Ji > East & Concord Partners > Beijing, China > Lawyer Profile
East & Concord Partners Offices
20/F LANDMARK BUILDING TOWER 1
8 DONGSANHUAN BEILU
CHAOYANG DISTRICT, BEIJING 100004
- Go to...
Mr Chaoyi Ji
Mr. Ji’s practice focuses on commercial arbitration and litigation. Mr. Ji has represented many Fortune 500 Companies like The Coca-Cola Company, IBM, Honeywell, GE, Hitachi, Ameropa, ConocoPhillips, China CITIC Bank, Carrefour and world leading enterprises like Tishman Speyer, DXC, Garrett Motion, Estee Lauder and China Tower etc. in a breadth of disputes, involving mechanical equipment, software engineering projects, energy projects, real estate projects, automobile industry, equity acquisitions, international trade disputes in litigation before all levels of Chinese courts including the Supreme Court and in arbitration before the CIETAC, BAC, SHIAC etc..
Mr. Ji was recommended by Chambers and Partners in both Chambers Global 2021 and 2021 Asia-pacific Guide as a leading lawyer of arbitration, recommended by aisalaw as the highest rated lawyer to work with in PRC dispute resolution in 2020 Client Service Excellence Ratings, recognized by LEGALBAND as a leading individual of arbitration from 2019 to 2021, and included in the 2020 edition of China Business Law Journal’s A List as one of the top 100 PRC lawyers (The A-List 2020).
- 2011-Present，East & Concord Partners，Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution Department
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, Arbitrator
- International Business Research Committee of Beijing Chaoyang District Lawyers Association, Secretary General
- Young Lawyers Working Committee of Beijing Chaoyang District Lawyers Association, Associate Director
- Expert selected into the List of Lawyers with Expertise in Foreign-Related Legal Services of Beijing Bar Association
- Expert invited by World Bank in the Doing Business project from 2018 to 2021 in the field of small investor protection &
- enforcing contract in China
- East China University of Political Science and Law LLB
- University of Bristol, MA in Law
East & Concord Partners handles a wide mix of matters relating to financing, capital markets, M&A, international trade, data protection, intellectual property, insurance and disputes. Dorothy Xing specialises in banking and finance, capital markets and securities, and M&A transactions; Bin Xu focuses on the energy and natural resources sector, advising on cross-border investment; Philip Qiao is noted for international arbitration and bankruptcy matters; Chaoyi Ji leads the dispute resolution team; Cindy Hu has key expertise in the healthcare and life sciences sector; and Gang Guan specialises in intellectual property disputes.
East & Concord Partners has a presence in Beijing, Chengdu, Hangzhou and Nanjing, allowing the firm to advise clients from across China on disputes relating to the insurance, TMT and banking sectors. Practice head Chaoyi Ji specialises in disputes that extend beyond the PRC region, having recently represented Nationsync in a Mareva injunction case before the High Court of Hong Kong. Managing partner Qi Zhou is another valued team member.
East & Concord Partners, which has developed in 2020 with the establishment of Chengdu and Nanjing offices, is best known for advising on disputes with an international aspect and counts globally recognisable companies from various industries in its client portfolio. The firm’s department is split into four groups, and has particular expertise in the finance, private equity investment, TMT, automobile and manufacturing sectors. Chaoyi Ji leads the dispute resolution department and acts as an arbitrator in CIETAC proceedings, as does managing partner Qi Zhou.
- Next Generation Partners - China > Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Other notable firms in Beijing - China
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms - China
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms - China
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- WTO/international trade: PRC firms
- Banking and finance: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Zhejiang Province: Hangzhou
- Corporate and M&A: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Intellectual property: PRC firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: PRC firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: PRC firms