Mrs Karen Bower-Brown > Sills & Betteridge LLP > Lincoln, England > Lawyer Profile
Sills & Betteridge LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mrs Karen Bower-Brown
Partner specialising in commercial litigation with a particular specialisation in contentious probate work.
Trained Janners; qualified 1988; Sills & Betteridge 1999; partner 2003. Director Karen Bower-Brown Ltd. Winner of Lawyer Monthly’s Women in Law Award 2016 for contentious probate – outstanding expertise & contribution
Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists.
Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Girls; Barnard College, Columbia University, New York (1981 BA; 1985 LLB).
Classical music, reading, running (slowly).
Sills & Betteridge LLP‘s ‘very helpful and professional‘ contentious probate team has extensive experience of a wide variety of claims, such as defending executors and beneficiaries when wills are contested, Inheritance Act claims and negotiating terms of a deed of variation. The practice is headed by David John and ‘very knowledgeable and professional‘ Karen Bower-Brown who also regularly acts in mediations as well as property and trust litigation.
Sills & Betteridge LLP has a number of offices across the East Midlands and is recognised for its property litigation work; it is also experienced in a range of commercial matters including partnership and shareholder disputes, professional negligence claims and tax proceedings. In Lincoln, Karen Bower-Brown acts in disputes relating to breaches of contracts or warranties, in addition to handling contentious probate matters. The Boston office is led by David John, who acts in a variety of property-related issues in the County Court.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands - East Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Contentious trusts and probate - East Midlands > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment