Mr Ruben Del Rosario > Del Rosario & Del Rosario > Manila, Philippines > Lawyer Profile
Del Rosario & Del Rosario Offices
14TH FLOOR, DELROSARIOLAW CENTRE, 21ST DRIVE CORNER 20TH DRIVE
BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY
1630 TAGUIG, METRO MANILA
- Go to...
Mr Ruben Del Rosario
- Has extensive experience in maritime litigation, dry and wet work including personal injury and multimodal transport.
- He has delivered several papers in the maritime law committees of the International Bar Association and the Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
- Author of the very popular POEA Primer and the Philippine Shipping Updates. He has been writing on Shipping Law for several years.
- Awardee of The Philippine Cancer Society’s 2012 Exemplary Men of Influence
- Charter President of the Philippine Maritime Voluntary Arbitrators Association.
- Accredited Voluntary Arbitrator
- Member of the tripartite conference that drafted the amended POEA contract.
- Past President of the Maritime Law Association of the Philippines
- Past President of the Maritime Law Foundation
- Trustee of the Philippine Bar Association
- Former Vice President of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center
- Honorary Director of the Propeller Club of the Philippines
- Past President of the Rotary Club of the Philippines
- Law degree from the Ateneo Law School
- Masters in Business Administration from the University of Michigan in the U.S.
Best known for its work in the shipping industry, Del Rosario & Del Rosario advises cruise and shipping businesses, P&I clubs, insurers, and transport and logistics companies on issues including joint ventures, ship finance and long-term loan agreements. The group is also active in the M&A space and is frequently instructed by its international clients to advise on the foreign ownership requirements imposed by the Philippine Constitution. Ruben Del Rosario and Arturo Del Rosario Jr. are names to note.
Best known for its expertise in the shipping industry, Del Rosario & Del Rosario acts for multinational companies, insurers and P&I clubs in complex disputes relating to the maritime industry, including those involving vessel arrest, collisions, salvage, oil pollution, and loss of cargo. The group has a particularly strong labour disputes practice which handles claims involving death, disability, illness and illegal dismissal. Arturo Del Rosario Jr. and Ruben Del Rosario lead the practice and both have decades of experience in the sector.
Specialising in maritime law, Del Rosario & Del Rosario is best known for acting for multinational clients in disputes relating to oil pollution, damaged cargo, salvage and vessel arrest. The group also has an extensive labour practice which is active in a full range of disputes involving Filipino seafarers; in 2019 Florencio Aquino led a team in assisting MV Front Alter with potential claims following an attack on a vessel in the Gulf of Oman. Experienced partners Arturo Del Rosario, Ruben Del Rosario and Joseph Rebano all advise a variety of noteworthy clients, including shipping companies, insurers and P&I clubs.
- Hall of Fame - Philippines > Shipping
- Leading individuals - Philippines > Shipping
- Shipping - Philippines
- Dispute resolution - Philippines
- Corporate and M&A - Philippines