Ms Jane Hider > Corrs Chambers Westgarth > Melbourne, Australia > Lawyer Profile
Corrs Chambers Westgarth Offices
LEVEL 36, BOURKE PLACE
600 BOURKE STREET
MELBOURNE, VIC 3000
- Go to...
Ms Jane Hider
Jane has over 20 years of experience in construction and major projects, as well as government advisory. Her clients trust her outcome driven focus and practical and responsive approach to legal service delivery.
Jane specialises in conventionally funded Victorian State government major projects, Commonwealth major projects and procurement, major private sector real estate development, transport and energy. She has experience in all forms of construction and infrastructure procurement, from traditional forms including design and construction to relationship contracting forms (ECI, alliancing and collaboration agreements) to PPPs.
Jane works with government clients to structure their approaches to market including provision of tendering and probity advice. She is regularly asked to peer review delivery models and project documentation, and to investigate probity compliance or act as a probity advisor on projects. She has also worked with State government agencies to develop and implement supply and procurement policies.
Jane has particular expertise in conventionally funded road and rail projects and has acted for the key agencies responsible for delivery of these projects in Victoria for more than 15 years.
Jane also focuses on the energy sector – electricity and renewables – where she advises generators, retailers and contractors.
- Building Dispute Practitioners Society Member
- National Association of Women in Construction Member
- Australian Society of Construction Law Member
- Law Institute of Victoria Member
- International Bar Association Member
- Spanish Australia Chamber of Commerce Member
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution: class actions
- Energy (transactions and regulatory)
- Intellectual property
- IT and telecoms
- Labour and employment
- Media and entertainment
- Natural resources (transactions and regulatory)
- Project development
- Real estate
- Regulatory compliance and investigations
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Competition and trade
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment: workplace health and safety (WHS)
- Project finance
- Capital markets