Mr David Fixler > Corrs Chambers Westgarth > Melbourne, Australia > Lawyer Profile
Corrs Chambers Westgarth Offices
LEVEL 36, BOURKE PLACE
600 BOURKE STREET
MELBOURNE, VIC 3000
- Go to...
Mr David Fixler
Intellectual Property, Technology and Competition
David has an outstanding reputation amongst the IP profession and Bar within Australia.
He appreciates the vital importance of having a deep understanding of his clients’ businesses and developing the best possible legal strategy to serve their commercial objectives.
David has considerable experience advising clients in relation to the full range of IP rights including trade marks, patents, copyright, registered designs as well as rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
He has been involved in high profile and complex IP disputes, including proceedings before IP Australia, the Federal Court and the High Court. Those disputes span a wide range of sectors and technologies, including pharmaceuticals, water filtration, fast moving consumer goods (including food products) and steel.
David assists clients to develop approaches for protecting and enforcing their own IP rights as well as strategies for identifying and addressing any infringement risk presented by third party IP rights.
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) Member
- Corrs Chambers Westgarth Israel Focus Group Co-Chair
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ) Member
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data protection
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- IT and telecoms
- Real estate
- Banking and finance
- Competition and trade
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: class actions
- Energy (transactions and regulatory)
- Environment and planning
- Financial services regulatory
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Media and entertainment
- Natural resources (transactions and regulatory)
- Project development
- Project finance
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime
- Labour and employment: workplace health and safety (WHS)
- Capital markets