Steve Wiltshire > Shoosmiths LLP > Milton Keynes, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
100 AVEBURY BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Real estate/residential development.
Steve specialises in strategic and immediate residential, mixed use and commercial real estate development. Steve has extensive experience in dealing with complex mixed use developments as well as large scale strategic development opportunities pursuant to options, promotion agreements, hybrid agreements and the like. Steve’s advice is seen by his clients as proactive, commercial and deal driven, whilst retaining an attention to detail. He is well known for his positive and professional (and humorous) approach to everything he is involved in.
Steve’s recent experience includes:
• acting for Citygrove Securities plc in relation to the acquisition, development, letting and forward disposal to pension funds of a number of town and city centre developments incorporating cinemas, superstores, hotel, parking, restaurants and bars;
• acting for Frontier Estates Limited and Perseus Land and Developments Limited on the acquisition, pre-letting, forward sale and disposal of a number of care home facilities throughout England;
• dealing with all the real estate aspects of a number of major strategic and immediate residential development acquisitions (both LLP, SPV and property transactions) for a number of national and regional housebuilders, including Kier, Balfour Beatty, Vistry, and Baker Estates; and
• acquisition for investment clients of an 80 acre strategic development opportunity on the edge of town, being the first phase of a 2000 plus eco-town and associated residential development.
Steve was articled at Lewis Silkin in London, qualifying in 1988, and from 1990 to 1994 he worked at Linklaters in London. After a 12 month trip round the world and a short period at Wragges in Birmingham, Steve joined Shoosmiths at the beginning of 1997, becoming a partner with the firm in 1998.
Basic French and Spanish.
Law Society; Home Builders Federation.
Felsted Public School; Bristol University (1985 LLB Hons); Law School, Guildford (1986).
Golf, cricket, gym.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Based in Milton Keynes, Shoosmiths LLP has expertise across the areas of development, investment, occupier and finance. The firm advises clients on sales and acquisitions, care home issues, occupancy transactions, mix-use retail and leisure developments. Practice head Steve Wiltshire has residential and commercial development expertise while Catherine Williams leads the firm’s national living sector. Lisa Williams has experience in acting for landowners on sale and development involving option, planning promotion and collaboration agreements. Chris George and Kirsty Chalkley are notable associates.
- Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx - South East > Real estate
- Leading individuals - South East > Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx