Catherine Williams > Shoosmiths LLP > Milton Keynes, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
100 AVEBURY BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Catherine is a Partner in the real estate team and is the firm’s Living Sector Head. Catherine also Heads up our Milton Keynes office.
Catherine has a real passion for property and doing deals. Known for her tenacity and pragmatism she finds proactive solutions to the most complex of issues. She advises on a broad range of real estate transactions for privately owned development companies/entrepreneurs to PLCs, Banks and household names and has particular experience acting for all stakeholders in commercial and residential development schemes (beds and sheds!).
Catherine’s experience includes advising:
• various developers on their acquisitions and disposals of care home and Later Living sites. Catherine deals with the acquisition, pre-let, Forward Funding and Development Financing of properties.
• corporate occupiers taking logistics warehouse space;
• on complex mixed use development transactions for residential property developers and corporate occupiers; and
• well-known Hotel companies in their acquisition of turnkey development sites through conditional development agreements.
Catherine joined Shoosmiths in 2015 having trained and worked at Addleshaw Goddard LLP for 13 years. Prior to joining us, Catherine also consulted for Fladgate LLP.
University of Leeds; College of Law (LLB Law 2:1 1999)
Antiques and Interiors; Watching sport; Book (/wine) Club.
Based in Milton Keynes, Shoosmiths LLP has expertise across the areas of development, investment, occupier and finance. The firm advises clients on sales and acquisitions, care home issues, occupancy transactions, mix-use retail and leisure developments. Practice head Steve Wiltshire has residential and commercial development expertise while Catherine Williams leads the firm’s national living sector. Lisa Williams has experience in acting for landowners on sale and development involving option, planning promotion and collaboration agreements. Chris George and Kirsty Chalkley are notable associates.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx