Caroline Watson > Shoosmiths LLP > Milton Keynes, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
100 AVEBURY BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Partner, Private Client
Caroline is national head of family law and a member of the Shoosmiths Private Wealth team.
Caroline specialises in all areas of family law to include divorce, separation, cohabitation, pre and post nuptial agreements and children matters.
Caroline is also experienced in dealing with international issues and leads the World Services Group for family law in Europe.
Caroline understands that every family is unique and so she will get to know her clients and agree a course of action that best meets their needs. Caroline’s advice is clear, practical and strategic whilst also understanding the sensitive and emotional issues that can arise.
Her clients include wealthy individuals, business owners, directors, senior managers, sporting/media personalities and expats. Caroline also works closely with lawyers in other jurisdictions, whether it be working alongside them to consider jurisdiction issues or to apply for orders in the UK after an overseas divorce or in relation to the relocation of a child. Caroline’s cases often involve her advising on complex family finances with issues including overseas assets, family businesses and third party interests.
Caroline is named as a notable practitioner in Chambers and Partners and known for her meticulous case preparation and technical expertise. Caroline is also a trained collaborative lawyer and member of Resolution (a national organisation promoting an amicable and conciliatory approach in family law cases).
Caroline is able to guide and support her clients through settlement negotiations whilst also being a robust and confident advocate in the event of court proceedings.
Caroline is happy to provide an initial consultation by telephone without charge or obligation to discuss the issues in a case and explain how she and the Family Team can help.
LL.B (hons) ( Manchester University )
The family team at Shoosmiths LLP acts for a diverse range of clients such as professional sports stars, CEOs and individuals with complex business interests. The firm has international expertise and frequently advises on cross-jurisdictional issues such as overseas assets and relocation. Caroline Watson heads the practice and advises on high-value financial cases involving business interests and trusts. Faye Wright is competent in pension matters within divorce.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx