Simon Meek > Shoosmiths LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
New Station Street
- Go to...
Simon is a real estate lawyer with wide experience of acting for investors and developers.
His areas of expertise and recent project experience are as follows:
• residential/student investment. Clients include Moorfield Group for whom he’s acted on a number of forward funded development schemes including developments at Newcastle, Manchester and Runnymede;
• commercial investment. Clients include Evergreen/Extra (an M3 Capital Platform).
• care homes/retirement living. Simon’s clients in this sector include Cinnamon Group for whom he has acted on numerous schemes throughout the UK; and
• strategic Land. Simon acts on behalf of Highwood Group, one of the south coast’s fastest growing property companies, on various sites, bringing forward several thousand residential units in the last two years.
Simon has been a partner in Shoosmiths’ real estate practice since 2017. He heads up the property team in our Leeds office, leading a team of nine Partners.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Shoosmiths LLP has a ‘strong, well managed team with broad experience and strong sector specialism’ in residential property development and retail sector work. Simon Meek is ‘an excellent lawyer’ who ‘brings commercial acumen in spades’; he is the national head of build-to-rent. Meek advised Moorfield Group on an innovative transaction involving the sale and leaseback of 77 show homes on 29 of Avant Homes’ residential development sites across England and Scotland.
- Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire