Adele Hayfield > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Adele is an experienced employment lawyer who advises commercial clients and individuals on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment issues. These include discrimination issues, executive terminations, TUPE, data protection issues, business reorganisations, employment contracts, dismissals and disciplinary/grievance issues.
Adele has significant experience across a variety of sectors, working with many household names. She has particular experience of advising clients based in the retail, manufacturing and logistics sectors.
Whilst she advises on all aspects of employment law, she is considered a litigation specialist and regularly attends the Employment Tribunal representing clients in multiday hearings. Adele applies a commercial approach to tribunal litigation and ensures that an early assessment of the merits is given for all claims, so that she can work with clients to achieve their desired outcome.
Adele is also an experienced trainer and she frequently develops and delivers bespoke training programmes for clients. Adele speaks at internal and external seminars on various employment law issues and practice.
Recent work handled by Adele includes:
- successfully representing a major retail client on a complex disability discrimination complaint and conducting the advocacy at a five day hearing;
- advising an information security client on redundancy and consultation issues arising out of a site closure;
- updating a major retail client’s HR manual, handbook and employment contracts and advising on the implementation process;
- advising a major logistics client on claims brought by four Claimants arising out of a site closure and successfully conducting the advocacy at a multi claimant four day hearing against senior Counsel;
- representing a retail client in relation to a race discrimination complaint brought by a current employee including successfully conducting the advocacy at the four day hearing and obtaining a costs award against the Claimant.
Adele also has in-house experience having undertaken a secondment at a large retail client where she provided day to day support and advice to the HR team on a range of issues including large scale restructures, disciplinary and grievance issues and the employment aspects of an outsourcing deal.
Adele works hard to get to know her clients by gaining a real understanding of their business, so that she can provide commercially focused advice instead of just providing a legal response.
Adele trained and qualified as a solicitor with Shoosmiths in 2008.
Member of Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
Heart of England Senior School, Solihull; University of Birmingham and Université de Limoges (LLB in Law and French Law Diploma)
Travel, running and cooking
Shoosmiths LLP fields a talented and stable team that handles a sizeable number of significant Employment Tribunal cases for many major clients and garners praise for its skill at handling sensitive senior executive exits. Key clients stem from the private, public and third sectors. Head of team Charlie Rae receives a lot of plaudits – his key specialisms include advising on senior executive terminations, business reorganisations as well as complex TUPE matters. Adele Hayfield has particular experience in the logistics, manufacturing and retail sectors. Principal associate Nick Vernon is another experienced member of the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant