Charlie Rae > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Charlie Rae is a partner in the employment team, based in the Birmingham office. He is experienced in advising clients on the full range of employment law issues, both contentious and non contentious. In particular, he regularly advises in relation to senior executive terminations, business reorganisations, outsourcing and insourcing situations and has particular experience of advising clients about TUPE, including problem areas and innovative approaches.
He is also an experienced litigator, with particular expertise in relation to whistleblowing, working time regulations and collective consultation claims as well as actions to enforce, or defend the enforcement of, restrictive covenants. Charlie often appears on behalf of clients as an advocate in the employment tribunal and in mediations.
Charlie has worked with clients in a variety of sectors during his career and has particular experience of advising clients based in the retail, banking, manufacturing and housing sectors.
Having qualified as a solicitor in 2001 with Pinsent Masons (then Pinsent Curtis), he was promoted to Senior Associate in 2008. He joined Shoosmiths as a Partner in January 2012.
Whitley Bay High School; University of Newcastle upon Tyne (Law (LLB (Hons) 2:1); College of Law, York (LPC Pass with Merit)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Shoosmiths LLP fields a talented and stable team that handles a sizeable number of significant Employment Tribunal cases for many major clients and garners praise for its skill at handling sensitive senior executive exits. Key clients stem from the private, public and third sectors. Head of team Charlie Rae receives a lot of plaudits – his key specialisms include advising on senior executive terminations, business reorganisations as well as complex TUPE matters. Adele Hayfield has particular experience in the logistics, manufacturing and retail sectors. Principal associate Nick Vernon is another experienced member of the team.
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Employment > Employment
- Employment - West Midlands > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant