Joe Stephenson > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Joe is a Partner specialising in IT, technology and sourcing transactions.
He has a particular focus on large scale and complex IT projects, regularly advising national and international companies on high profile system implementation and integration projects.
Joe has helped establish Shoosmiths’ IT and Technology team as one of the leading practices in the country (ranked Band 1 by Legal 500 and Chambers UK Guide) and is one of only 5 practices in the country recognised as a Band 1 “National Leader outside London” (Chambers UK Guide). The team is noted as a “Thriving team that draws on a wealth of expertise to handle the complete range of IT matters and represents a fine choice for clients…. Noted for its deep bench of solicitors with experience across a wide array of complex IT projects.”” (Chambers UK Guide).
Joe is consistently ranked as a leading individual in IT by leading legal directories – Legal 500 and Chambers UK Guide – being described as having “the perfect balance of deep legal expertise, extensive subject area knowledge and strong negotiation and relationship-building skills” (Chambers UK Guide).
Joe has extensive experience of advising on IT and tech transactions across a range of sectors, but has particular experience in acting for purchasers in the automotive, retail and consumer and financial services sectors, as well as acting vendor-side.
Joe’s recent transactions include advising:
- a major telecommunication provider on its £200million+ procurement of a state-of-the art, greenfield IT system;
- a global automotive manufacturer on various IT projects, including the implementation of its cloud knowledge repository for its entire UK dealership and repairer network and procuring critical IT systems for the launch of 1st gen “”on Demand”” mobility services;
- one of the world’s largest banks on the procurement of critical IT systems and infrastructure for the operation of its new motor lending business;
- a global mass media company on the first generation outsourcing of its technology operations centre based in India to provide IT support and services across its entire global business;
- one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products on its global procurement of its customer engagement platform with one of the world’s leading providers, as well as other cutting edge technology projects involving AR, social retail and NFTs;
- a FTSE 100 company on its multi-million pound global procurement and roll-out of a new CRM system involving various Tier 1 suppliers;
- one of the world’s largest multinational brewing companies on various IT projects, including the design, development and deployment of a pan-European e-commerce platform and procurement of image recognition technology to improve in-store execution and audits;
- a global automotive manufacture on its outsourcing of its UK call centre, involving a full transformation program for the introduction AI and chat bots;
- a well-known UK regulatory body on its single largest IT project in its history involving the multi-million pound replacement of its entire IT environment.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant