Georgina Rennie > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Georgina works in the corporate team advising on all areas of corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, corporate restructuring and corporate governance.
Georgina works with a variety of clients including private and public companies, LLPs, venture capital investors, management teams and owner managed businesses. Recent project experience includes advising:
- VC investors on a range of investments (including VCT/EIS investments);
- a British clothing company listed on AIM on its acquisition of an online homeware retailer;
- a NYSE listed records management and storage company on the acquisition of a fine arts storage and logistics business;
- the seller on the disposal of an iconic Birmingham hotel;
- an international hotel chain on various hotel acquisitions and disposals;
- a German car manufacturer on its disposal of used car sites and a body shop centre;
- a NYSE listed company on the UK aspects of an international reorganisation and the disposal of a facilities management provider; and
- shareholders of a company in the vet tech sector on an MBO backed by a private equity house.
Georgina joined Shoosmiths in 2014.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
At Shoosmiths LLP, the workload is ‘characterised by an extremely high degree of diligence, client orientation and speed’ and is centred around three key pillars – M&A, venture capital and private equity. Ben Turner, ‘an exceptional M&A lawyer’, heads the department and directs particular attention to the German, Nordic and US markets. He is supported in Birmingham by Alastair Peet, who heads the national venture capital practice group and routinely supports venture and growth capital companies and investors on their exit, scaling and funding-related activities. Daniel Shilvock recently joined from Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP, significantly bolstering the group’s private equity offering while Alistair Hammerton garners recurring client praise for his ‘vast knowledge of venture capital‘. Beyond partner-level, principal associate Georgina Rennie is a ‘trustworthy advisor for M&A transactions‘.
- Rising stars - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial: Birmingham - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant