Daniel Shilvock > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Dan specialises in M&A transactions (buy-side and sell-side), private equity transactions, growth capital investments, fundraisings, acting for management teams and group reorganisations. He has experience across a variety of sectors. In 2019 Dan was nominated for Legal Week’s, The Rising Stars in Private Equity.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Reconomy on its acquisition of Valpak Holdings Limited;
- GEMS Education on its acquisition of Bellevue Education;
- the shareholders of Online Media on its disposal to Catena; and
- Livingbridge on a series of acquisitions, investments and divestments.
Dan is client partner for Mutares Group and GEMS Education.
At Shoosmiths LLP, the workload is ‘characterised by an extremely high degree of diligence, client orientation and speed’ and is centred around three key pillars – M&A, venture capital and private equity. Ben Turner, ‘an exceptional M&A lawyer’, heads the department and directs particular attention to the German, Nordic and US markets. He is supported in Birmingham by Alastair Peet, who heads the national venture capital practice group and routinely supports venture and growth capital companies and investors on their exit, scaling and funding-related activities. Daniel Shilvock recently joined from Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP, significantly bolstering the group’s private equity offering while Alistair Hammerton garners recurring client praise for his ‘vast knowledge of venture capital‘. Beyond partner-level, principal associate Georgina Rennie is a ‘trustworthy advisor for M&A transactions‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant