Charlotte Healey > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Charlotte is a contentious lawyer within the Business Advisory Division with over eight years’ experience of asset finance. Charlotte specialises in motor finance and general asset finance along with general banking litigation matters. She advises banks and finance houses on a wide range of matters including disputes involving innocent purchaser claims under the Hire Purchase Act 1964, title disputes and conversion claims, claims against guarantors, satisfactory quality disputes, misrepresentation and Consumer Credit Act disputes and mistaken payments.
Charlotte also has a key interest in finance fraud in the industry and attends various fraud events arranged by the Finance and Leasing Association and the Midlands Fraud Forum.
Recent experience includes:
- Obtaining a Freezing Injunction for the benefit of a client whose customer obtained funds by misusing the Direct Debit Indemnity scheme.
- Successfully obtaining a Return of Goods Order, Money Judgment and Costs Order against a third party claiming a defence under section 27 of the Hire Purchase Act 1964
- Obtaining Summary Judgement in favour of a banking client in respect of a £250,000 guarantee claim
Charlotte trained at Blakemores LDP where she qualified into the commercial litigation team. She has since spent time working as a solicitor at Cobbetts LLP then DWF LLP before joining Shoosmiths in January 2015.
The financial services disputes and investigations practice at Shoosmiths LLP is known for its experience in contentious matters such as fraud, contested recoveries and title disputes. Roger Potgieter leads the team and works closely with a number of major trade bodies. Associate Jordon Bray is particularly experienced in asset, motor and consumer finance litigation. Principal associate Charlotte Healey has over a decade of experience in contentious litigation and is well regarded among asset and motor finance clients.
The ‘extremely impressive’ team at Shoosmiths LLP handles finance disputes for an impressive list of clients including UK and international banks. The firm has a fast growing arbitration practice and is particularly adept at handling fraud and financial services disputes. It is also currently one of the most prominent firms with regards to phone hacking claims, on which Mark Elder and associate Rebekah Finch are especially relevant . The team is led by ‘force of nature’ Alex Bishop, who also heads up the Birmingham office – she is a high-profile litigator with particular experience with internal investigations, fraud and injunctive relief. Other top associates are financial services-focused Charlotte Healey and Will Carr who handles fraud issues and contractual disputes.
- Banking litigation - West Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Commercial litigation: Birmingham - West Midlands > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant