Sean Burke > Shoosmiths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
WATERFRONT HOUSE, WATERFRONT PLAZA
35 STATION STREET
- Go to...
Sean is an experienced real estate lawyer with wide knowledge of development, leasing and portfolio transactional work, as well as substantial project management expertise, spanning both private and public sectors. His approach is typified by focusing early on the practical outputs of what a client is aiming to achieve and then instilling a pro-active approach to the advice given by him and his team.
Recent project experience includes advising:
- an international investment company and leading the cross-discipline team in relation to the first strategic acquisition of a shopping centre and car park in west London for this client;
- a national UK retailer on all matters connected with the management of their English/Welsh real estate portfolio, including a mixture of new lease acquisitions, both high street and edge of town, lease renewals and regears;
- on a portfolio disposal involving eight properties, transacted within a four week timetable; and
- the JV partners in a major UK Enterprise Zone project.
He also serves on the Board of The Renewal Trust, a charitable trust which aims to stimulate enterprise and develop communities to relieve poverty in economically and socially deprived inner city areas of Nottingham.
Sean has been a partner in Shoosmiths’ real estate practice since 1996, having joined the firm from Lovell White & King (now Hogan Lovells).
The Becket School, Nottingham; University of Newcastle upon Tyne (1984 BA Hons Law and Economics).
Family, tennis, rugby
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant