David Morley > Shoosmiths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
WATERFRONT HOUSE, WATERFRONT PLAZA
35 STATION STREET
- Go to...
David is a real estate specialist with wide-ranging experience in all fields of real estate law but with a particular focus on large scale projects. David acts for national and international clients across the real estate spectrum including corporate clients, investors, retailers, joint ventures and funds.
David’s recent experience includes:
- acting for a new UK fund on the acquisition management and disposal of a mixed use residential and commercial portfolio;
- leading the Shoosmiths team on all legal support relating to a major high profile shopping centre located in the south east of England (acting for a US/European fund);
- acting for a US fund on the acquisition funding, management and disposal of their property holdings in the UK including a large complex distribution centre located in the south of the UK, a mixed use portfolio of 26 properties and estates across the UK (including some Scottish sites) and the management of a business Park in Cardiff;
- acting for a Premier League Football team on the acquisition of a new stadium; and
- leading the Shoosmiths team supporting and working collaboratively with major US law firms to support their clients on UK legal matters.
David served the maximum permitted two terms as an elected member of the firm’s partnership council (Shoosmiths strategic management body) from 2009 to 2015, has served on the firm’s national real estate executive board and leads the conferences for the national real estate group.
David has been a partner at Shoosmiths since 2000, having joined the firm from Freshfields (where he trained and qualified).
Dulwich College; Exeter University (First Class Degree in Classics); College of Law (CPE and Finals).
Family, cricket (member Marylebone Cricket Club), sport generally, cooking.
Shoosmiths LLP‘s Nottingham team often acts for large investors on a broad range of property transactions, including portfolio acquisitions and joint venture transactions. In addition, the firm advises clients on corporate occupancy, commercial development and property finance. Ellis Gardner-Browne typically acts for occupiers and investors on joint venture transactions and projects in the logistics industry. Sean Burke advises occupiers, retail developers and investors on major site acquisitions and disposals. Deborah Gordon Brown has standout expertise assisting investment funds with all of their activities in the commercial property space. David Morley is another notable individual.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Immigration