Bill Molloy > Shoosmiths LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
No 1 Bow Churchyard
- Go to...
Bill advises in respect of outsourcing, large scale technology procurements, telecommunications; software development projects and intellectual property both contentious and non-contentious in the life sciences, media and communication sectors.
Bill also specialises in heavyweight and high profile commercial dispute resolution and arbitration under the auspices of most of the institutional rules. He has extensive experience of resolving high value and complex commercial disputes often with a multi-jurisdictional remit for TMT, engineering, banking/finance and life science clients. He frequently advises on breaches of contract, termination rights, damages and injunctive relief.
Bill is also recommended in the Legal 500 and was a contributor to “Outsourcing Transactions – A Practical Guide”.
Bill has been a Partner since 2004 in both national and international law firms and most recently was Head of Technology and Commercial leading a multi-disciplinary team at international law firm Fasken Martineau LLP.
Bill is a member the Society of Computers and Law (“SCL”) and a committee member on the National IT Disputes Committee at the SCL. Bill also sits on the Technology and Construction Court Users Committee headed up by the High Court Judges, Mr Justice Ramsay and Mr Justice Akenhead.
Providing ‘first-rate skills at every level‘, Shoosmiths LLP‘s disputes offering covers corporate litigation, technology disputes, cyber incident-related matters, coverage claims, banking disputes, and marine and aviation litigation. Corporate and commercial disputes expert Bill Molloy has ‘strong knowledge of tech disputes‘; Susie Wakefield leads the commercial insurance team; and Philip Tansley heads the cyber incident response practice. Other active litigators are ‘standout partner‘ Elliot Bishop and experienced senior associate Matthew MacLachlan. Birmingham-based Alex Bishop is national dispute resolution and litigation head, while Daren Allen joined the London team in September 2021 from Dentons, where he was business crime and investigations head.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Transport > Rail
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Employment > Health and safety
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Court of protection
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Finance > Asset based lending
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Dispute resolution > Costs lawyers
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Industry focus > TMT
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Real estate > Environment
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Transport > Shipping
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Employment > Employers