Matthew Stimson > Shoosmiths LLP > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
RUSSELL HOUSE, 1550 PARKWAY
SOLENT BUSINESS PARK, WHITELEY
- Go to...
Matthew has over ten years’ experience in planning, compulsory purchase and local government law. He provides focused technical advice on every aspect of the planning application process including environmental assessment, statutory agreements and planning inquiries. He has advised on a number of judicial review and statutory challenge proceedings both in the High Court and the Court of Appeal and his compulsory purchase work has included advising acquiring authorities in relation to claims for compensation in the Lands Tribunal emerging from major infrastructure and town centre regeneration projects. Matthew also advises on the law in relation to highways, public rights of way and Town and Village Green.
His recent work includes:
- advising national housebuilders in connection with a number of major residential planning applications;
- acting for land owners in connection with the promotion of sites for strategic allocation in Milton Keynes; and
- advice in connection with two proposals for energy from waste facilities in the south east of England.
Matthew joined Shoosmiths in 2012 having previously been at Berwin Leighton Paisner (2000-2005) and Ashurst (2005-2012).
He is a member of the Compulsory Purchase Association.
Shoosmiths LLP fields two dedicated teams in environment and planning, boasting a sizeable group of specialist lawyers and a strong regional presence. London-based Karen Howard heads the planning team, while the environment offering is led by Charles Arrand in Milton Keynes. On the planning side, the firm has experience in large-scale mixed-use and residential development projects, with Matthew Stimson and Kara Roberts in Milton Keynes and Grace Mitchell and Matthew Price in Solent all key contacts. The Solent team has particular experience in the novel area of nitrate neutrality. In environmental law, Arrand is supported most notably by partner Philip Ryan and principal associate Joanne Sear, and the team advises on matters ranging from compliance with waste management regulations to vehicle production and emissions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx