Susan Prior > Shoosmiths LLP > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
- Go to...
Sue Prior is a Senior Associate and head of the Access Clinical team in the Clinical Negligence department in Reading
Sue joined Shoosmiths in November 2009 as a Senior Solicitor in the Serious Injuries Unit and transferred to the Clinical Negligence Department in July 2012, bringing a wealth of litigation experience.
She works on a wide range of diverse cases across clinical negligence, including cases arising from sub-standard surgery, failure to diagnose/treat cancer, surgery/treatment resulting in male fertility problems, sepsis and fatalities.
Sue’s team, which comprises a Legal Executive and three paralegals, specialize in cases of a maximum value of £25,000. This team was formed in anticipation of the anticipated Fixed Costs regime, which is likely to apply fixed costs to all cases of this value range. The team was formed as part of Shoosmiths’ commitment to get justice for all clients, regardless of the value of their claim. Claims which fall within this value can include stillbirths and baby deaths as well as cases such as missed fractures and delayed diagnosis of cancers.
Being passionate about her work, Sue believes in providing the highest level of legal advice and compensation for her clients. She appreciates the need to deal with matters both efficiently and compassionately for clients who are struggling to come to terms with the effect their injuries have had on their lives.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths, Sue was a personal injury solicitor with Amery Parkes Solicitors for 7 years before taking a 4-year career break to look after her two boys. Sue attended Leicester University and did her Law Finals at Guildford Law College.
Sue holds Senior Litigator status with the Association of Personal Injury Solicitors (APIL).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Shoosmiths LLP divides its practice into clinical negligence, personal injury and serious injury teams. The firm’s wide-ranging workload covers complex cases involving spinal injuries, brain injuries, cerebral palsy and obstetric claims, as well as delayed diagnosis and misdiagnosis cases, among other matters. The clinical negligence team is led by Reading-based ‘force of nature’ Denise Stephens, who handles catastrophic injuries, while the Reading-based Susan Prior deals exclusively with claimant clinical negligence cases. Sue Bowler is national head of the Court of Protection team.
- Next Generation Partners - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx