Nathan Rees > Shoosmiths LLP > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
- Go to...
Nathan has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate work, with a focus in recent years on large scale investment, development, and leasing transactions. He has acted for a number of listed property companies and investment funds, as well as public sector bodies and other public and private companies on a wide range of major real estate projects.
His experience includes the acquisition and disposal of retail and office schemes, development agreements (including overage agreements), and site assembly. Nathan has acted for some of the largest landlords in the UK on matters including pre-lets and conditional agreements for lease, with a particular focus on retail properties. He also acts for major corporate occupiers and other companies with significant property holdings, in relation to all landlord and tenant matters, from HQ developments and relocations, to day to day asset management of property portfolios.
His recent experience includes advising:
- a global private equity house on all aspects of a UK-wide property portfolio in excess of £700 million;
- an international motor manufacturing group in connection with the redevelopment and new leases of its UK headquarters;
- a major international manufacturing company in relation to the sale, demolition, redevelopment and lease back of its headquarters including the form of forward funding agreement entered into by its development partner;
- two global investment funds in respect of the acquisition, disposal, and ongoing management of a major shopping centre in the south east of England;
- an international retailer on the conditional purchase of a development site, including overage agreements and the acquisition of options to acquire further land; and
- a global technology company in relation to all aspects of its UK property portfolio.
Nathan spent over 12 years working in the City of London, with more than ten years in the real estate team of Nabarro LLP. Nathan joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 2012.
Cardiff High School; Nottingham University (1998, LLB, 2:1); Nottingham Trent University (1999, Legal Practice Course, commendation).
Running, golf, cycling, snowboarding.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Shoosmiths LLP are experts in complex commercial property work, with special expertise pertaining to international cross-border matters and the highly regulated telecoms industry. Nathan Rees leads the practice and is a seasoned representative of major property investors with extensive experience in development work and corporate occupancy transactions. His colleague Alan Corcoran heads up three of the South-Eastern real estate teams and recently advised Henkel UK on disposing a manufacturing facility at £8.1m and its immediate leaseback. Further recommended comes associate Marcus Devanny who handles asset management for corporate occupiers and institutional investors. The firm recently welcomed Daniel Halstead, a specialist in student housing matters and formerly at TLT, and Ben Pariser, an expert in residential development formerly at DAC Beachcroft LLP, into its real estate team.
- Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Real estate
- Leading individuals - South East > Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx