Andrew Bishop > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Contentious Trusts and Probate
Andrew deals with disputes relating to wills, trusts and estates and has particular experience with claims relating to:
- failure to make reasonable financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- claims relating to the validity of a will;
- removal of Executors and Trustees;
- claims for the interpretation and correction of wills and trusts;
- executor disputes; and
- professional negligence claims.
Andrew has acted for clients based all over the country and overseas. He takes instructions from those disputing estates and also those defending their interests. Andrew also advises high net worth and high profile individuals and is also able to act for corporate clients such as Trustees and Charities, or other companies that are in dispute over their rights to estate assets or monies owed.
Andrew’s notable experiences include:
- acting for a client in a multi-million pound dispute in respect of their claim for further provision from a relative’s estate;
- attending court personally to successfully obtain a final charging order to ensure recovery of costs from the defendant;
- attending the district registrar personally to successfully obtain an order for estate accounts. This was significant to allow the client to understand the action taken by the executor to date; and
- successfully removing an Executor from the estate by court order.
Andrew qualified in March 2016 and joined Shoosmiths LLP in summer 2017.
LLB Law, First class (The University of Liverpool). Legal Practice Couse, Distinction (The University of Law).
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Shoosmiths LLP covers all matters involving contentious probate disputes, although in recent years it has seen an increase in matters involving probate claims, Inheritance Act claims, and assisting charity clients with defending legacies. Adam Draper leads the Manchester team and is considered ‘an exceptional solicitor‘. Andrew Bishop is an expert in predatory marriage cases and high-value contested estates. Associate Rhiannon Edwards joined from Aaron & Partners LLP in April 2021, while senior associate Liam Brooke joined from Clarion in April 2022.
- Rising stars - North West > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment