John Cleaveley > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
John is part of Shoosmiths national Construction team, based in Manchester, and has over 25 years’ experience of working in and with the construction industry. John advises developers, funders, purchasers, tenants, contractors and consultants on standard form and bespoke building contracts, appointments, frameworks, warranties, security documents and subcontracts for a wide range of projects. He also advises on construction and distribution contracts and regulatory issues in the gas and electricity sectors. In addition, John provides strategic advice to clients on construction issues and disputes.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths, John worked in-house at Mowlem plc and Bovis Lend Lease, involved on projects such as Salford Media City, Manchester Spinningfields and several large PFI schemes. He was also General Counsel for the Fulcrum Group, a leading utilities business and head of construction for national law firm Weightmans. Schemes he has worked on include New Scotland Yard, student accommodation and PRS developments, commercial developments, energy and infrastructure schemes, projects for several universities and other project sector bodies and utility contracts to bring gas to whisky distilleries in Scotland. As an experienced buyer of legal services, John is very aware of the need to provide clients with commercial, timely and cost effective legal advice.
John is part of Shoosmiths national Construction team, based in Manchester, and has over 25 years’ experience of working in and with the construction industry.
Law Society of England and Wales
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Praised for its ‘responsiveness, pragmatism, technical expertise and sensible advice’, Shoosmiths LLP, led by noted practitioner John Cleaveley, has managed to grow its client portfolio throughout the tumultuous Covid year. Cleaveley draws on almost 30 years of experience in the industry and has particular experience of acting for developers in the accommodation sector. The team assists developers, funders and contractors in the drafting and negotiating of building contracts and also provides strategic advice to clients on contentious disputes.
- Leading individuals - North West > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - North West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Construction