Judy Fawcett > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Partner, Real Estate
Judy is a real estate lawyer with wide experience of acting for investors, developers, landlords, banks and funding institutions.
She has extensive experience of investment, development and asset management work and also leads our Real Estate Finance team in the north working closely with the Banking and Finance team.
She regularly advises institutional and other business client by getting involved with them from initial appraisal through to completion and offers proactive solution driven advice to them and their wider teams.
Sectors that Judy is passionate about include real estate finance, living sector, PRS, PBSA, student accommodation, hotel and leisure, residential development, BTR, sustainable finance, ESG, social housing, further education, healthcare, retail, manufacturing and logistics.
Her recent project experience includes advising:
- Allied London on all property aspects of the portfolio of properties at Spinningfields and St Johns in Manchester and Leeds Dock with notable recent deals including the sale of No.1 Spinningfields, the deal with Aviva at St Johns and the sale of high profile trophy assets at Spinningfields Estate;
- on a £42 million student development disposal in Leicester;
- on a 290 bedroom student build to rent scheme in Birmingham;
- a range of leading UK Banks on development funding and refinancing of various high value sites across the Yorkshire region and nationally; and
- on a range of acquisitions, disposals and property management deals for a national investor client.
Recommended lawyer 2019
Top ranked firm 2017
Judy joined Shoosmiths’ real estate practice in February 2017. She was previously a partner at Ward Hadaway’s Leeds office and before that a partner at Addleshaw Goddard in Leeds.
Shoosmiths LLP, which has a well-balanced borrower and lender practice, acts for regional institutional lenders and Yorkshire-based borrowers on a variety of structured transactions. Tim McNamara ‘ably leads’ advice on real estate finance lending transactions, COVID-related financial support and corporate and leveraged banking. Judy Fawcett is recommended for her property finance expertise. Anna Robson, who joined from DLA Piper, strengthens the firm’s leveraged finance offering and lends additional expertise in private equity and venture debt.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Construction