Lisa Tye > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Planning, highways, compulsory purchase.
Lisa is a partner and joint-head of Shoosmiths’ planning and CPO team, driving the team’s growth forward across the UK.
An experienced planning lawyer, she acts on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious planning matters, including highways matters and compulsory purchase work, drafting and negotiating complex Section 106 agreements, judicial review, footpath/highway closures, infrastructure agreements and village green issues.
She has acted for a mix of public and private clients, including North West Development Agency, Ainscough Strategic Land, Ask Developments, United Utilities, Tesco and the Co-operative Group.
Lisa’s recent project experience includes advising:
• Ainscough Strategic Land on a planning appeal and public inquiry for a 2,300 dwelling scheme in Swindon as part of the New Eastern Villages allocation;
• Vastint on planning and CPO issues in relation to their major mixed use schemes in London, Leeds and Cardiff;
• Story Homes on numerous residential development schemes across the north west; and
• Kingston Council on the regeneration of the Cambridge Road Estate, a major scheme to provide over 2000 new dwellings for the Borough’s residents.
She is identified as a Leading Individual for Planning legal work in the 2018 editions of Legal 500 and Chambers UK, the latter stating interviewees laud her as “a really hard-working and clever lawyer who finds her way around complex problems”.
Impressed clients add “She is great to work with – she breaks things down into plain English and doesn’t baffle with detail. She is also very personable and pleasant, and very good at what she does.”.
Lisa joined Shoosmiths in 2013, having previously worked at Eversheds, DWF and Semple Fraser. She previously spent eight years working in-house for local authorities including Birmingham City Council and the London Borough of Hounslow, a mix of public and private experience that clients find invaluable, as it provides empathy, insights and scope for innovation for projects at the public/private interface.
Irlam High School; Eccles College; Liverpool University, (1992 LLB Hons Class 2:1); Manchester Metropolitan University, (1994 LPC Commendation).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Shoosmiths LLP advises public and private sector clients operating in a wide range of sectors. Kathryn Jump is knowledgeable about the planning aspects of regeneration projects and residential developments. Jump co-heads the practice with Lisa Tye, who undertakes planning work in relation to town and city centre developments. David Matthias, who joined the firm from Weightmans LLP in November 2019, is active in regeneration and infrastructure projects. Senior associate Samantha Grange is an ‘exceptional planning solicitor’ with experience of working on CPOs.
- Leading individuals - North West > Real estate > Planning and environment
- Planning and environment - North West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Construction