Adam Draper > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Private Client - contentious trusts and probate
Adam joined Shoosmiths in May 2016. Adam is a partner based in the Manchester office but assists clients across the UK and overseas.
Adam specialises in all types of trust and succession disputes. He advises high net worth and high profile individuals as well as Trustees and Charities.
He has expertise in advising and representing in relation to Inheritance Act claims, disputes in relation to wills and trusts, claims against Executors and Trustees, proprietary estoppel and statutory wills.
Adam also specialises in resolving contentious Court of Protection disputes. This includes disputed statutory wills and disputes involving Attorneys and Deputies.
Adam was described in Legal 500 as being ‘..extremely empathetic’.
Re Parnall  – Adam acted for the successful Claimant in establishing that caveats should not be used in Inheritance Act claims.
Abbott v Richardson  – he acted for family members and numerous charities in overturning a will benefitting the deceased’s housekeeper. The court found that the deceased did not have capacity to execute the will.
Slattery v Jagger  – he acted in the successful claim for construction and rectification of a will following a drafting error by the solicitor
Adam Draper’s interview by LexisNexis®PSL (Adult child claims financial provision under Inheritance Act (Nahajec v Fowle)) can be found here.
He was previously a partner at Irwin Mitchell having qualified there in 2002
Adam is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA).
Adam studied Law and Criminology at Sheffield University and thereafter the College of Law in Chester.
North West > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate(Next Generation Partners)
The practice at Shoosmiths LLP is part of the wider firm’s personal advisory arm, which accounts for one fifth of its total fee income. The team acts for corporate and charity clients as well as high net worth individuals, handling work such as trust disputes, validity disputes and Inheritance Act cases. The practice is led by Adam Draper – seen as ‘one of the leading lights in contentious probate and trust work in the north west’ – and also features ‘up and coming star’ solicitor Andrew Bishop. The practice aims to differentiate itself by offering flexible funding options such as conditional fees and payment on conclusion arrangements.
North West > Insurance > Professional negligence
Richard Marshall leads Shoosmiths LLP‘s professional negligence practice, which is known for its expertise in construction and product professional negligence claims, as well as matters involving insurance brokers. Marshall advises clients in the white goods manufacturing industry in relation to tumble dryer fire claims, while Adam Draper has a particular interest in solicitor negligence cases.
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
- Professional negligence - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Construction