Sarah Teal > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Sarah Teal is a partner in the Corporate Restructuring and Advisory team.
Sarah represents banks, asset based lenders and other financiers, restructuring and turnaround professionals, directors and management teams, and advises on all issues arising in financially stressed situations.
Sarah regularly advises boards on directors’ duties in the context of doubtful solvency and has been involved in a number of large scale confidential restructurings (particularly in the retail and healthcare sectors).
Sarah also has substantial contentious experience including antecedents transactions, wrongful trading and misfeasance actions which have resulted in a number of reported cases.
Sarah has worked on a number of high profile assignments, including – The Debenhams CVA challenge, Rococo chocolates, Oddbins, Burdens, Monarch Aircraft Engineering, Manchester House, Artisan, American Golf, Mark Wilkinson Furniture, Smallbone, Fresh to Store, Lotus F1 and Barratts.
In addition, Sarah has assisted a number of retailers with CVA’s, including Poundstretcher, Jigsaw and Moss Bros.
Sarah is joint head of Shoosmiths’ Manchester office alongside Debra Cooper, and is responsible for the firm’s contribution to, and profile within, the local business community.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Shoosmiths LLP is known for its strength with company voluntary arrangements, serving local and national clients via its Manchester office. It has expanded this expertise into the real estate sector due to the addition of Bethan Moore from DLA Piper, who is known for her retail and distressed real estate work. Sarah Teal leads the team and offers advice on major contentious matters. Senior associate Hannah Gaskell is another key figure in the practice.
- Leading individuals - North West > Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - North West > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment