Richard Marshall > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Law Society of England and Wales
The ‘exceptionally knowledgeable’ regulatory, insurance and commercial litigation team at Shoosmiths LLP regularly works on high profile matters involving major disasters, inquests and public inquiries, as well as offering advice on prosecutions, product recall and regulatory compliance. Philip Ryan’s practice places a heavy emphasis on automotive, retail, manufacturing and regulated products, especially tobacco and e-cigarettes. Richard Marshall specialises in representing insured and self-insured entities while Charles Arrand has significant experience acting for retailers.
At Shoosmiths LLP, the complimentary expertise of the practitioners – all of whom are regarded as ‘experts in their specialist fields‘ – ensures that the firm is well placed to handle the most challenging mandates. Shareholder and business disputes are overseen by Kath Livingston, whose extensive experience means she ‘has seen it all‘; the ‘commercial, effective and smart‘ Richard Marshall leads on complex insurance disputes; Jonathon Crook‘s practice centres on the financial sector; and senior associate Sylwena Sempa regularly acts in High Court pensions and employment cases.
Shoosmiths LLP advises clients on construction and product liability professional negligence claims. The practice is also recognised for representing individual claimants. Richard Marshall leads the practice, recognised for handling matters involving defective product design which has resulted in catastrophic damage. Managing associate Matthew Brown is another key team member, working on claims against architects and surveyors.
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Professional negligence - North West > Insurance
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction