James Brodie > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Partner, Real Estate
James is a Partner within our core Real Estate team and has specific expertise as a development lawyer, acting for commercial and residential developers. He heads up Shoosmiths’ Residential Development group in the North of England.
James’ recent experience includes:
- Working for a number of national and regional housebuilder clients, with particular experience of structuring partnerships schemes.
- Advising on land promotion schemes.
- Acting for Allied London across a number of its Manchester City Centre developments, including the iconic No.1 Spinningfields building.
- Acting for Marston’s plc across the client’s various development programmes, dealing with out-of-town new pub and lodge sites, convenience store conversions and in-town bar developments.
His development experience has also led James to be recommended to act on behalf of grass roots sports clubs in respect of their relocation to new facilities.
James studied law at the University of Bristol and the College of Law Chester. He trained and qualified at Halliwells and joined Shoosmiths in May 2011.
Noted for its strengths in high-profile development and living sector work, Shoosmiths LLP‘s commercial property practice is led by experienced development lawyer Andrew Pattinson. Together, James Brodie and Pattinson lead the living sector team, regularly advising student accommodation providers and housebuilders in the region. Daniel Monaghan handles major investment deals including funding agreements and asset management. Lisa On-Iam, who is particularly focused on large-scale regeneration projects, continues to play a leading role in the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment