Andrew Millar > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Andrew is a corporate partner whose clients include public and private companies, investors and management teams.
Andrew has extensive experience of running local and cross border transactions and client relationships. He is experienced in helping his clients to identify, prepare for and resolve their legal issues, whether through the provision of company law advice or in leading companies, from technology start-ups to listed companies, through complex corporate transactions.
Andrew’s particular expertise covers company law advice, mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets transactions, takeovers and group reorganisations. Recent transactions include:
- advising Datix on its acquisition of a business from Health Matrix;
- advising LDC on sale of ByBox to Francisco Partners;
- advising Ikon Science Limited on its sale to Great Hill Partners;
- advising a local authority on its corporate joint venture to regenerate a housing estate which will involve the construction of circa 2,500 new homes;
- advising AMR Centre Limited on a fund raising;
- advising Gaist Holdings Limited on its investment from BGF; and
- advising the sellers of Verpihy Limited on its sale to Davies Group.
Andrew joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 2017. Prior to that he was a partner in both Squire Sanders and Brabners. Andrew trained and qualified at Lovells (now Hogan Lovells) in the City, where he worked for a further six years after qualifying in 1998.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Tim Jackson-Smith and Andrew Millar jointly head up the corporate offering at Shoosmiths LLP. The former – who also co-leads the firm’s energy group – brings this dual expertise to the role, while the latter continues to lead on some of the team’s highest value transactions. The department’s public company expertise was further strengthened in May 2022 by the arrival of associate Poppy Ball from Gateley Plc. Another significant recent acquisition was senior practitioner Elia Montorio, formerly of DLA Piper. On the commercial side, Richard Millington – who regularly advises on projects across the retail, media and sports sectors – and Luke Stubbs – who has significant fintech knowledge – are the key names to note.
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment