Debra Cooper > Shoosmiths LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
THE XYZ BUILDING
2 HARDMAN BOULEVARD, SPINNINGFIELDS
- Go to...
Banking and Finance, Partner
Debra Cooper is a banking partner specialising in real estate finance. She has more than 14 years’ experience and regularly advises lenders and borrowers on investment and development transactions both on a syndicated and bilateral basis. In addition to specialising in real estate finance Debra also advises on acquisition finance transactions and general corporate lending.
Debra works with clients across the UK and also regularly advises clients in the Channel Islands and Gibraltar.
Recent transactions include:
- Acting for a 4 bank club (HSBC, Lloyds, Natwest and Santander) providing a £185m development and investment facility to Bruntwood Science Limited
- Acting for RBS International providing a £50m development finance facility provided for the World Trade Centre in Gibraltar
- Acting for a UK fund on the purchase of a portfolio of gym and leisure facilities
Debra has joined Shoosmiths following 4 years as a partner at Squire Patton Boggs and 10 years at Pinsent Masons where she trained.
Debra is also deputy chair of the Northern Investment Property Forum.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Shoosmiths LLP‘s banking and finance practice ‘offers a consistently high-quality level of service and pragmatic advice.’ The team is led by Liz Sweeney – a ‘class act’ working on real estate finance matters as well as acquisition and leveraged financing issues. Also of note is Tim McNamara, who displays ‘great work ethic’ and has experience acting on acquisition finance transactions and real estate finance matters. Judy Fawcett has represented banks, developers and landlords in her recent work. The group’s strength was recently bolstered by the addition of Debra Cooper, who joined in mid-2020 from Squire Patton Boggs.
Shoosmiths LLP is active in a range of financing matters, with a particular focus on property finance issues through practice head Tim McNamara. The team acts for major banks, regional and national property developers, and corporates, with recent work including student housing and care home developments, telecoms financing matters and syndicated loans. The practice is expanding its presence in Leeds and across the region, with financial services lawyer Debra Cooper and real estate-focused senior associate Emma Bissett joining from Squire Patton Boggs in mid-2020.
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Finance > Banking and finance
- Banking and finance - North West > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Construction