Mr Qing Ren > Global Law Office > Beijing, China > Lawyer Profile
Global Law Office Offices
15 & 20F, TOWER 1, CHINA CENTRAL PLACE
NO 81 JIANGUO ROAD, CHAOYANG DISTRICT
- Go to...
Mr Qing Ren
Qing Ren concentrates his practice on dispute resolution,anti-trust law, and international trade.
Qing Ren is arbitrator of leading arbitration institutions such as CIETAC, CMAC, BAC, SHIAC, SCIA, HIAC and CQAC. He has arbitrated, or represented clients as counsel in, a large number of domestic and international commercial arbitration cases, relating to, inter alia, sale of goods, construction and engineering, joint venture, equity transfer/repurchase, real estate, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, insurance, film & television, games, and software. He is one of the very few PRC lawyers having handled investor-state dispute settlement (investment treaty arbitration) cases and WTO dispute settlement cases, relating to, inter alia, real estate, mining, steel, agricultural products, renewable energy, and tobacco.
Qing Ren has represented international and Chinese companies in dozens of merger control filing cases, across various sectors like minerals, chemicals, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, machinery, automotive, electrical, ICT, food, retail, catering, shipping and logistics. He also represents or advises clients on antitrust investigations, litigations and compliance. Recent representative cases include: II-VI’s acquisition of Finisar, Westlake Chemical’s acquisition of Hexion’s global epoxy business, Primavera Capital’s acquisition of the Greater China business of Mead Johnson, SINOMACH’s acquisition of China Hi-tech Group, and Suning’s acquisition of Carrefour China.
Qing Ren has extensive experience in export control, economic sanctions, and WTO/FTA agreements, including: providing legal services on export control and economic sanctions for leading domestic and foreign enterprises in various industries of machine tool, aerospace, military, semiconductor, AI, internet, automobile, engineering, energy, chemical, banking, insurance and port, advising competent authorities for FTA negotiations, and representing CCOIC in response to the USTR’s 301 investigation against China. Qing Ren has been consulted by legislative and administrative authorities during the legislative process of the Export Control Law and related regulations.
Prior to joining GLO in 2016, Qing Ren worked at the Department of Treaty & Law of MOFCOM, during which time he had served at the Chinese Embassy in India and the Chinese Embassy in Belgium. Qing Ren also worked at Zhonglun Law Firm as a partner.
- Arbitrator, China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (international investment dispute)
- Arbitrator, China Maritime Arbitration Commission
- Arbitrator, Beijing Arbitration Commission/Beijing International Arbitration Center
- Arbitrator, Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission/Shanghai International Arbitration Center
- Arbitrator, Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration
- Arbitrator, Hainan International Arbitration Court
- Arbitrator, Chongqing Arbitration Commission
- Arbitrator, Deyang Arbitration Commission
- Executive Director, China WTO Law Research Society
- Expert, Research Base for International Commercial and Investment Arbitration of the Supreme People’s Court
- Member, Asia-Pacific Arbitration Committee of China Arbitration Law Research Association
2002 – 2004 Renmin University of China, LL.M.
1998 – 2002 Renmin University of China, LL.B.
|China: Cartels||April 2022||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Cartels laws and regulations that may occur in China.|
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: PRC firms
- Data protection: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: PRC firms
- Projects and energy: PRC firms
- TMT: PRC firms
- Antitrust and competition: PRC firms
- Capital markets: PRC firms
- Corporate and M&A: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Fintech: PRC firms
- Investment funds: PRC firms
- Private equity: PRC firms
- Real estate and construction: PRC firms
- Regulatory/compliance: PRC firms
- Shipping: PRC firms
- Tax: PRC firms
- WTO/international trade: PRC firms
- Insurance; PRC firms
- Labour and employment: PRC firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Sichuan Province: Chengdu including Chongqing
- Intellectual property: PRC firms