Mr Yifeng Gao > Global Law Office > Beijing, China > Lawyer Profile
Global Law Office Offices
15 & 20F, TOWER 1, CHINA CENTRAL PLACE
NO 81 JIANGUO ROAD, CHAOYANG DISTRICT
- Go to...
Mr Yifeng Gao
Mr. Yifeng Gao is a partner of Global Law Office. His practice areas include International Trade, Commercial Contracts, Shipping, Transportation and logistics, Insurance, Real Estate Matters, FDI and Corporate Matters, Litigation and Arbitration, etc.
Mr. Yifeng Gao Joined Global Law Office in 1985.
2012 – present, Partner of Beijing Global Law Office (also called “Global Law Office”);
2000 – 2012, Managing Partner of Global Law Office;
1998 – 2000, Managing Director of Global Law Office;
1996 – 1998, Deputy Managing Director of Global Law Office;
– a listed arbitrator on the panel of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission;
– a listed arbitrator on the panel of China Maritime Arbitration Commission;
– a listed arbitrator on the Panel of Arbitrators of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre;
– a listed arbitrator on the Panel of Arbitrators of Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration;
– a listed mediator on the Panel of Mediators of the Mediation Centre of the China Committee of International Chamber of Commerce;
– a member on the Panel of the Executive Council of China Maritime Law Association;
– a member of other legal professional associations.
1989 – 1992, a postgraduate student at University of International Business and Economics based in Beijing, with specialties in international economic laws, Master Degree of Law;
1978 – 1982, a student at Dalian Marine College (now called “Dalian Maritime University”), with majors in shipping and maritime law, Bachelor Degree of Engineering;
Global Law Office is highly capable in all major areas of contentious work, but has developed a niche in representing financial institutions in asset management and securities disputes. The group represents clients at all the levels of the Chinese judicial system up to the Supreme People’s Court, in addition to sector-specific courts such as the Maritime court and the IP courts. Yifeng Gao is one of the most experienced partners in the practice and focuses on litigation and arbitration proceedings with an international element. Jiuguang Zhao and Zhao Li lead the department in Beijing, while Xitai Liu heads up the Shenzhen practice.
Global Law Office is ‘a top-tier full-service Chinese law firm’, and its arbitration offering is among the strongest on the market. The group primarily works with financial institutions and multinational companies, and has experience in representing clients in a number of domestic and international arbitration centres. Yifeng Gao and Xiusong Xing are the key practitioners; the former specialises in international disputes, while the latter has experience acting as a CIETAC arbitrator. Xitai Liu is head of the Shenzhen practice and regularly works with investment institutions. The Shenzhen office is also home to promising junior partner Jack Law, who recently led a team in HKIAC proceedings. Jiuguang Zhao and Zhao Li lead the Beijing dispute resolution practice, while Heng Wang was promoted to partner in January 2021.
Global Law Office handles a broad range of shipping disputes, acting for ship leasing companies, cargo owners, and shipbuilders. The practice represents clients in litigation related to charters and casualty issues and arbitrations. Partners in the team are also frequently instructed to sit as arbitrators, and also appear in court as expert witnesses. Yifeng Gao, Jingye Jiang and Ting Lei lead the team and all have deep experience in this sector.
Based across the firm’s Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen offices, the insurance team at Global Law Office is highly experienced in advising insurance and reinsurance companies on their multimillion-dollar investments, fund formation, restructuring, equity transfer, insurance pay-outs, and disputes. Amy Dai is well versed in major investment projects; Jingye Jiang,Tim Yimin Liu, Ken Huang and Zhao Li are noted for insurance litigation; Xu Jin advises on fund formation and asset restructuring matters; and Huawei Lin and Yifeng Gao are further names to note.
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms - China
- Leading individuals - China > Shipping: PRC firms
- Leading individuals - China > Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms - China
- Shipping: PRC firms - China
- Insurance; PRC firms - China
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: PRC firms
- Data protection: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: PRC firms
- Projects and energy: PRC firms
- TMT: PRC firms
- Antitrust and competition: PRC firms
- Capital markets: PRC firms
- Corporate and M&A: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Fintech: PRC firms
- Investment funds: PRC firms
- Private equity: PRC firms
- Real estate and construction: PRC firms
- Regulatory/compliance: PRC firms
- Shipping: PRC firms
- Tax: PRC firms
- WTO/international trade: PRC firms
- Insurance; PRC firms
- Labour and employment: PRC firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Sichuan Province: Chengdu including Chongqing
- Intellectual property: PRC firms