Ms Maggie Meng > Global Law Office > Beijing, China > Lawyer Profile
Global Law Office Offices
15 & 20F, TOWER 1, CHINA CENTRAL PLACE
NO 81 JIANGUO ROAD, CHAOYANG DISTRICT
- Go to...
Ms Maggie Meng
Maggie Meng is a partner based in our Beijing office，she is specialized in cybersecurity and data protection and regulatory compliance in the field of TMT & IoT, e-commerce and internet ad.
Her present clients mostly are notable internet giants, unicorn companies, commercial banks, Fintech Companies, IoT companies and pharmaceutical industrial companies.
- She previously worked at Fortune 500 companies like Nokia and a well-known law firm for more than ten years. She provided legal advice for large-scale enterprises on various bidding projects with the contract value over 100 million RMB, and has rich experience in M&A and VC.
- She has been the General Counsel and Data Protection Officer (DPO) of Mobvoi which is an AI unicorn company respectively invested by Google and Volkswagen. When working at Mobvoi, she was mainly responsible for legal affairs, regulatory compliance, IPR, world-wide policies’ research, and affairs of government relations; led the team to support domestic and international business operations, corporate strategy, IPO preparation and investment and financing, and dispute resolution affairs; formulated and implemented internal policies, guidelines, SOPs that are able to comply with internal compliance system, including anti-corruption/ anti-bribery, product quality and supply chain management, trade compliance, and data protection pursuant to laws and regulations of CN, US, EU and other jurisdictions. She has built up abundant data compliance systems and methodologies that could be put into practice and was once interviewed by China Central Television (CCTV) regarding experience on GDPR compliance.
- She has served as a Chief Legal Counsel of Criteo Advertising Co., Ltd. (Greater China Region), providing legal supports in respect of domestic and international operation of advertising business and global projects.
Global Law Office‘s team operates on a cross practice basis, and as such is able to offer expertise in a broad range of data-related issues. The group’s client base includes international household names in the tech sector such as Microsoft and HP, which the team advises on complex compliance projects in addition to regulatory investigations. Maggie Meng leads the Beijing team and uses her previous experience working in-house to advise clients in the TMT sector, as well as banks and insurance companies. In Shanghai, Vincent Wang assists with data issues as part of a wide-ranging practice focusing on emerging technologies.
Global Law Office can offer a truly complete service to funds, banks and companies active in all areas of the TMT sector, with the firm’s deep bench of specialist partners able to assist with matters ranging from corporate transactions and commercial agreements through to dispute resolution and regulatory compliance. Beijing houses many of the key partners; Maggie Meng focuses on assisting clients with navigating China’s rapidly developing data protection and privacy regulations, while managing partner Jinrong Liu ‘s expertise spans M&A, VC investments and antitrust. In Shanghai, Vincent Wang assists multinational companies with their entry into the Chinese market. Steven Yu and Meph Jia Gui complete the senior management team.
Global Law Office‘s broad client roster spans traditional financial institutions, e-commerce, and fintech start-ups which it advises on contentious and non-contentious matters with particular strength in multimillion-RMB financing, private equity and venture capital investment mandates in the fintech industry. Areas of expertise include face recognition, e-payment, big data, artificial intelligence and virtual currency. Recent highlights also saw the team acting for a multinational financial services company on the compliance aspects of its business practice and cooperation in China, including financial regulatory requirements for cross-border payment services, potential business model assessments, tax arrangements, data compliance and due diligence on business partners. Steven Yu acts for international and domestic private equity and VC funds, and internet giants on their investment in China-based TMT companies; he recently advised Bugbank, China’s leading cybersecurity service provider, on completing Series B2 and Series C1 financing. Vincent Wang has expertise in a broad range of new and emerging technologies including artificial intelligence, blockchain, IOT, e-mobility and cloud computing; Maggie Meng specialises in the TMT sector, with a particular focus on data protection and privacy as well as regulatory matters.
- Data protection: PRC firms - China
- Leading individuals - China > Fintech: PRC firms
- TMT: PRC firms - China
- Fintech: PRC firms - China
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: PRC firms
- Data protection: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration: PRC firms
- Life sciences and healthcare: PRC firms
- Projects and energy: PRC firms
- TMT: PRC firms
- Antitrust and competition: PRC firms
- Capital markets: PRC firms
- Corporate and M&A: PRC firms
- Dispute resolution: Litigation: PRC firms
- Fintech: PRC firms
- Investment funds: PRC firms
- Private equity: PRC firms
- Real estate and construction: PRC firms
- Regulatory/compliance: PRC firms
- Shipping: PRC firms
- Tax: PRC firms
- WTO/international trade: PRC firms
- Insurance; PRC firms
- Labour and employment: PRC firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: PRC firms
- Regional coverage: Sichuan Province: Chengdu including Chongqing
- Intellectual property: PRC firms