Mr Scott Abel > Buddle Findlay > Auckland, New Zealand > Lawyer Profile
Buddle Findlay Offices
188 QUAY STREET
- Go to...
Mr Scott Abel
Restructuring and insolvency
Partner. Scott specialises in insolvency and debt restructuring, general banking, and specialist personal property security and credit recovery advice. For details about Scott’s work highlights see here – www.buddlefindlay.com/people/scott-abel.
Scott advises and has acted for domestic and foreign banks, financial institutions, insolvency professionals and other organisations on receiverships, liquidations, administrations and workouts. He is particularly recognised by the market for his leading expertise in Personal Property Securities (PPS) law, often advising banks, insolvency practitioners and other firms and barristers on complex PPS matters. He regularly writes and presents papers on a range of insolvency and credit enforcement topics, and is a contributing editor to Heath & Whale on Insolvency, New Zealand’s leading insolvency law text. In 2015, he became the first New Zealander to pass the INSOL Global Insolvency Practice Course and be recognised as a Fellow of INSOL International.
• Fellow of INSOL International
• Member of RITANZ (Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association of New Zealand)
• Member of Banking & Financial Services Law Association
• Contributing editor to Heath & Whale on Insolvency
• BA/LLB (Hons) (University of Auckland)
• Admitted New Zealand 1998
• Admitted England and Wales 2003
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Buddle Findlay has one of New Zealand’s pre-eminent insolvency and restructuring teams and counts Bank of New Zealand, ANZ Bank New Zealand, KordaMentha and PwC among its clients. David Perry, who is former board member of INSOL International and past-Chairman of Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association of New Zealand, leads the practice from Auckland, where Scott Abel is a leading light. They frequently advise domestic and foreign banks, insolvency professionals and other organisations on receiverships, liquidations and workouts. Special counsel Myles O’Brien is a rising star who acts for one of New Zealand’s largest banks in recovery and enforcement actions. In Wellington, Scott Barker is a leading litigation, insolvency and credit recovery specialist who recently acted for the Reserve Bank of New Zealand in the high-profile CBL Insurance matter.
- Leading individuals - New Zealand > Restructuring and insolvency
- Restructuring and insolvency - New Zealand
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- Projects and resources management (including environment)
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Transport (rail, road, air and sea)