Mr Ittinant Suwanjutha > Blumenthal Richter & Sumet Ltd. > Bangkok, Thailand > Lawyer Profile
Blumenthal Richter & Sumet Ltd. Offices
ABDULRAHIM PLACE, 31ST FLOOR
990 RAMA 4 ROAD
- Go to...
Mr Ittinant Suwanjutha
Tech-Media-Telecoms (TMT), Real Estate and Construction and Corporate and Commercial / M&A
Ittinant Suwanjutha is a Partner and Co-Head of the firm’s Tech-Media-Telecoms (TMT) practice. He is also a key member of the firm’s Real Estate and Construction as well as Corporate and Commercial / M&A practice groups. He has been practicing law for more than 20 years.
Ittinant has significant experience advising clients on major transactions, including providing advice on various types of deal structuring, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions, joint ventures, legal due diligence investigations as well as leasing, development, construction and operations with regard to property and real estate in Thailand. His clients span multiple industries and include leading real estate developers, modern tech companies, credit finance companies, high-net-worth foreign investors, emerging energy companies as well as evolving cannabis and hemp production companies in the pharmaceutical industry.
Ittinant provides innovative legal solutions to clients of the firm’s TMT practice. In this fast-moving area, staying ahead of the competition with knowledge of emerging developments and an interconnected view of the industry is crucial to success. Ittinant is frequently sought for his advice that allows clients to adapt to the rapid regulatory changes taking place in this sector. Pioneers with significant commercial opportunities at stake turn to Ittinant for business-oriented and future-focused advice. He has advised a next-generation borderless financial infrastructure FinTech company on a technology solution to link money transfer operations with a money remittance platform, a short-form live-streaming video platform on regulatory and compliance, a leading owner and operator of fiber optic networks on loans related to telecommunication poles receiving bandwidth signals and digital companies on business structures, operations and licensing. BRS is ranked in Tier 1 for TMT in The Legal 500, with Ittinant advising on complex mandates applying integrated sector knowledge and the ability to understand clients’ objectives that inspires confidence in their decision-making.
His highlight experiences include advising:
– a gas supply company in the sale of its shares in a Thai limited company, drafting and reviewing all contracts and documents relevant to the transaction, valued at THB 3 billion
– a leading tanning and leather production group on a partial business transfer, preparing all relevant documents and agreements for the transaction, valued at approximately THB 500 million
– a manufacturer of modern vehicles on the sale of its shares to a Thai science and technology development authority, drafting a share purchase agreement, shareholders agreement and all other relevant documents for the transaction as well as assisting in its increase of the company’s registered capital and other relevant corporate matters, valued at THB 400 million
– numerous high-net-worth clients on purchasing luxury properties in Thailand, including villas in Phuket involving a variety of projects, and advised on approximately 20 condominium units in Bangkok at the Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental and Ritz Carlton
– a leading owner and operator of fiber optic networks based in Malaysia on a loan to use an arrangement of telecommunication equipment (telecommunications poles to receive bandwidth signals) by the client at the premises of their customers in Thailand
– a next generation borderless financial infrastructure FinTech company on agreements related to the development of a technology solution to connect a money transfer operator with its money remittance program and the provision of payment processing services
– one of the world’s most well-known luxury fashion houses on Thai laws and agreements applicable to promotion campaigns to be launched in Thailand. We are also advising the client on compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), conducting GAP analyses and preparing documentation required by law
Thai and English.
Ittinant is a member of the Thai Bar Association and the Law Society of Thailand. He has worked in some of Thailand’s most prestigious law firms and is highly regarded amongst his peers in the Thai legal community. As a former lecturer at Thammasat University, he assists Thailand’s next generation of lawyers in adapting to the rapid changes taking place in the country’s legal and business sectors.
Ittinant has a Master of Laws (LL.M.) from University of Minnesota Law School, a Master of Comparative Law (M.CL) from Indiana University School of Law (Bloomington) and a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Thammasat University.
Blumenthal Richter & Sumet Ltd. acts for multinational corporations, institutional investors and private equity funds on development projects, particularly in the hospitality and hotel sectors, as well as industrial acquisitions, restructurings and real estate transactions. Practice leader Robert H Schuler has over 20 years’ experience in real estate matters across Southeast Asia, and advises owners, operators and investors in hotel, resort and retail development projects. Ittinant Suwanjutha assists real estate developers on property developments and leasing in Thailand.
Noted for its expertise in handling data protection and PDPA matters, Blumenthal Richter & Sumet Ltd. is particularly active in the media, engineering, manufacturing and investment services sectors. The practice also advises Thailand’s telecoms operators on their licensing and regulatory requirements. Ittinant Suwanjutha, who represents fintech and digital companies on business structures, operations and licensing, jointly heads up the practice alongside Anuwat Ngamprasertkul who focuses on data protection matters.