Jamie Grant > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 WEST REGENT STREET
- Go to...
Jamie is a highly regarded real estate lawyer, with decades of experience and in-depth expertise in property and environmental law (in particular in contaminated land) honed from advising clients in energy and renewables; infrastructure; ports and harbours and hotels and leisure.
Projects include onshore wind and hydro schemes, bio-mass and anaerobic digestion schemes, a tidal scheme and advising a landfill operator in the largest mineral ownership dispute to come before the Scottish courts in recent decades.
A combination of legal expertise and a passion for the water (a keen sailor) means Jamie is sought out by clients with interests in harbour and port related matters where he has more than just legal experience.
Jamie is a regular author of legal briefings and updates and has contributed to and commented on consultations on The Scotland Act 2012, Energy Act 2013, electricity market reform and property rates relief reform.
Shepherd and Wedderburn counts housebuilders, funds, banks, investors and retailers as clients, and is noted for its development work, which spans mixed-use and residential developments, retail sector schemes and office developments. Hugh Smith and Jamie Grant jointly head the leisure and hospitality sub-group, which advises a roster of hotel operators, investors, financiers and managers on all aspects of hotel transactions and operations. The property group is jointly led by Andrew Hall and David Mitchell from Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively. Other key names include Nick Ryden and development expert James Dobie.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland