Stephen Humphreys > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 WEST REGENT STREET
- Go to...
Property and Infrastructure Disputes
Stephen is a partner in commercial litigation, with a particular focus on property litigation, construction and social housing and housing association law, with specific experience in issues relating to landlord and tenant. Stephen also contributes to and acts for clients in relation to recovery and insolvency and sports law, acting for some high-profile clubs and associations for a number of years. Clients he has been advising during the past year include the National House-Building Council, Shettleston Housing Association, Tollcross Housing Association and Kingdom Housing Association and Southside Housing Association.
Trained at Carruthers Gemmill 1983-1986; Aill & Robb, Stirling 1986-1989; Browning & Bowes, Glasgow 1989-2003, became partner in 1995; partner, Tods Murray 2003-2014; partner, Shepherd and Wedderburn 2014 to present.
Kelvinside Academy; Dundee University (LLB (Hons) 1978-1982; Diploma in Legal Practice 1982-1983).
Tennis, Skiing, Golf, Cycling, Reading.
The team at Shepherd and Wedderburn led by litigator Stephen Humphreys is well versed in handling social housing litigation, large-scale residential regeneration projects and housing defect claims for housing associations and local authorities. In August 2018, public sector procurement expert Rhona Harper left the firm to work in-house.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland