Paul Donald > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 EXCHANGE CRESCENT
- Go to...
Paul is a partner and expert in real estate handling a broad range of commercial property transactions for a diverse client base. He is highly experienced in investment acquisitions and disposals, development work, leasing for landlords and tenants, security transactions and the provision of general property tax advice. Paul’s client base extends to the private and public sectors, and includes pension funds, property companies, developers, a number of high-profile companies and PLCs with occupational requirements and banks and other funders, and includes such names as: British Airways Pension Fund (acquisition, development and letting of The Silver Fin Building in Aberdeen), Canada Life, Azure Hotels (acquisition and refinance of the Radisson Blu in Glasgow and acquisition of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Edinburgh), The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society, Tarmac, Morbaine (pre-let and acquisition of an out-of-town retail development in Fort William), Clydesdale Bank, Viridor Waste Management, Premier Foods Group, F&C Asset Management, Martin Currie (re-gear of its lease of Saltire Court in Edinburgh), Whyte and Mackay (relocating its head office to St Vincent Plaza in Glasgow and acquisition of its new storage and distribution warehouse in Grangemouth), Empiric Student Property (forward funding of its student accommodation development at the Alexander Turnbull Building in Glasgow), AECOM, Skanska, Kleinworth Benson (significant office lettings at City Park in Glasgow), Ervia, Thameside Metropolitan Borough Council, Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management (forward funding of its office development at 110 Queen Street, Glasgow), Dunbar Golf Club (advising on prospective enabling development proposals), Scottish Hockey Union (advising on occupational requirements at Glasgow National Hockey Centre), HSBC and Bank of Scotland.
Trained Leslie Wolfson & Co, Glasgow 1994-96; assistant Shepherd and Wedderburn 1996-2001; associate 2001-07; partner 2007.
Law Society of Scotland; director Shepherd & Wedderburn (Trustees) Limited and (Nominees) Limited; Scottish Hockey Union.
Robert Gordon’s College; University of Edinburgh (1993 LLB; 1994 DipLP).
Hockey (Scottish Hockey Union; Erskine Stewart’s Melville Former Pupil’s Hockey Club); British Military Fitness; gym; snowboarding.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland