David Mitchell > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 EXCHANGE CRESCENT
- Go to...
David is a partner specialising in property. He advises a broad based commercial practice including British Land, Sainsbury’s Supermarkets, BlackRock, CBRE Global Investors, Hermes Investment Management, William Pears Group, LondonMetric, Warehouse Reit plc/Tilstone and Palmer Capital. He has particular experience in the field of development having been involved in a number of significant office, retail and mixed use projects across Scotland. In addition David heads up the real estate function of the firm’s restructuring and insolvency group and advises a number of UK banks and insolvency practitioners on the property aspects of restructuring and insolvency. In Chambers and Partners, clients describe him as ‘responsive, and he always acts in our best interests.’
Trained Shepherd and Wedderburn 1996; admitted as a solicitor in Scotland 1997; assistant 1998; associate 2003; partner 2006.
Law Society of Scotland.
Aberdeen University (1995 LLB Hons; 1996 Dip LP).
Cycling, golf, football.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Shepherd and Wedderburn counts housebuilders, funds, banks, investors and retailers as clients, and is noted for its development work, which spans mixed-use and residential developments, retail sector schemes and office developments. Hugh Smith and Jamie Grant jointly head the leisure and hospitality sub-group, which advises a roster of hotel operators, investors, financiers and managers on all aspects of hotel transactions and operations. The property group is jointly led by Andrew Hall and David Mitchell from Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively. Other key names include Nick Ryden and development expert James Dobie.
- Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland