Euan McLeod > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 EXCHANGE CRESCENT
- Go to...
Euan heads up our transactional construction team. He has a Masters degree in Construction Law and specialises in providing procurement advice at the outset of projects; drafting and negotiating construction and engineering contracts from both the employer’s (both public and private sector) and contractor’s points of view; and then providing strategic advice during the project. Euan also assists clients in the resolution of contractual disputes and has extensive experience of advising on high value and complex projects throughout the UK and in Europe. He also advises clients on their template contracts and framework agreements. In Chambers and Partners, sources say he is ‘self-motivated, self-starting, efficient, and a hard-line negotiator who understands our position.’
Trained Steedman Ramage; admitted as a solicitor in Scotland 1998; assistant Steedman Ramage 1998, associate 2000; assistant Shepherd and Wedderburn 2001, associate 2003, partner 2006.
University of Edinburgh (1995 LLB Hons; 1996 Dip LP); University of Strathclyde (2002 LLM Construction Law).
Hill walking, gym, golf, travelling.
Acting for contractors, developers and end-users, Shepherd and Wedderburn‘s team, led by Euan McLeod, is well versed in handling contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering matters pertaining to energy (including renewable energy), real estate and housing regeneration projects, among others. On the non-contentious side, the team is particularly experienced in handling matters at the intersection with procurement law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland