Chris McGill > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 EXCHANGE CRESCENT
- Go to...
Private Client, Charities
Chris is a partner in the private client practice of the firm. Specialising in private client and charities work, he advises private individuals, families and trustees on issues such as succession planning, wills and trusts, and personal taxation. With an increasingly mobile and international client base, Chris also regularly advises on issues such as domicile, international taxation and estate planning. For charities, Chris provides constitutional, regulatory and governance advice to charity trustees throughout the UK. Chris is accredited by The Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Charity Law. Admitted in Scotland, England and Wales.
Trained Shepherd and Wedderburn; qualified 2001; partner private client and charities teams 2013 to date (closely involved in the expansion of the teams and the development of Shepherd and Wedderburn Financial).
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners; WS Society; chair Dean Orphanage and Cauvin Trust (charity supporting disadvantaged young people in their transition to independent living); Law Society of Scotland; Law Society of England and Wales.
St Joseph’s College, Dumfries; University of Edinburgh.
Keen supporter of Queen of the South Football Club.
Shepherd and Wedderburn advises major universities, charity trustees and public sector clients on a range of constitutional and governance related matters, including establishing new charities, revising trust structures, safeguarding issues and employment disputes. The team has particular strength in the higher education sector. Dual-qualified accredited specialist Chris McGill advises a diverse range of clients on governance and tax matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland