Ms Cassandra Hogg > Albar & Partners > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Albar & Partners Offices
Suite 14-3, Level 14, Wisma UOA Damansara II
No.6 Changkat Semantan, Damansara Heights,
- Go to...
Ms Cassandra Hogg
Corporate and Commercial & Capital Markets
Cassandra’s practice focuses on Equity Capital markets including initial public offerings, rights issues, secondary offerings and private placements. She is experienced in M&As, take-overs, reverse take-overs, venture capital, corporate and debt restructuring, corporate finance and REIT transactions. She has also advised on the establishment of conventional and Islamic commercial papers, medium-term notes and Sukuk programmes in the Debt Capital markets sector.
Cassandra graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of London. She was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2002. Prior to practising law, Cassandra was a lecturer in the subject of Conflict of Laws at a well-regarded tertiary institution in Kuala Lumpur offering external law programmes with the University of London. She was admitted as a Partner at Albar & Partners in 2010.
Cassandra was recognised as a Highly Regarded Leading Lawyer for M&A by IFLR1000: Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms (2020 edition). In the previous 2015 to 2019 editions of the IFLR1000, she was featured as Rising Star for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity, Financial Services Regulatory and Project Finance. Cassandra was also listed as a Rising Star for Capital Markets in Asialaw Leading Lawyers (2014 edition).
Cassandra has been involved in the following notable transactions:
- Advised the issuer in the public offering of shares by Leong Hup International Bhd in conjunction with its listing on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia. The listing was among the largest IPOs in Malaysia for 2019.
- Advised the issuer in the public offering of shares by Serba Dinamik Holdings Bhd in conjunction with its listing on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia: Equity Market IPO Deal of the Year 2017 (ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2017).
- Advised MMC Port Holdings Sdn Bhd as the offeror in the RM1.44 billion mandatory general offer and take-over of NCB Holdings Bhd: M&A Deal of the Year (Mid-Size) (ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2017).
- Advised the issuer in the public offering of shares by Malakoff Corporation Berhad in conjunction with its listing on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia: Equity & IPO Deal of the Year 2015 (Islamic Finance News Awards 2015) and IPO Deal of the Year (Asian Lawyer’s Emerging Markets Awards 2015).
- Advised the issuer in the public offering of shares by Boustead Plantations Berhad in conjunction with its listing on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia and the Boustead REIT privatisation: Best Islamic Privatisation (Triple A Islamic Finance Awards 2014), Islamic Finance Deal of the Year (Asian Lawyer’s Emerging Markets Awards 2014) and Equity Market Deal of the Year (ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2015).
- Advised the issuer in the public offering of shares by Felda Global Ventures Holdings Berhad in conjunction with its listing on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia: Malaysia’s largest and the world’s 2nd largest IPO at the point of listing in 2012, Asian-MENA Counsel Deal of the Year 2012, IPO Deal of the Year (IFN Law Awards 2012).
Bahasa Malaysia & English.
Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya and member of the Malaysian Bar
LL.B (Hons), University of London.
Certificate of Legal Practice.
Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
The team at Albar & Partners handles the breadth of capital markets matters in conjunction with banking and finance, and restructuring matters. Combined with M&A and de-mergers, its skills cover public take-overs, initial public offerings, listings and de-listings, REITs, and privatisation projects. It also handles derivatives, interest and currency swaps work. A standout highlight is the firm’s work for Top Glove Corporation on the issuance of perpetual Islamic notes under the Shariah principle of Wakalah bi al-Istithmar (a value of up to RM3 billion). Recommended lawyers: Lily Tan Chea Li, Swee Loong Chung, Natalie Suan Wan Peh, Seet Hooi Ping , Cassandra Hogg and Sharifah Dalilah Albar
Albar & Partners‘ corporate and M&A team is led by large-scale transactions specialist Lily Tan Chea Li who is considered ‘the embodiment of the firm’s key strengths‘. Other key team members include Natalie Suan Wan Peh, Seet Hooi Ping , Cassandra Hogg and Abraham Tat Hon Teh who assist clients with a broad spectrum of company and securities law services. Sectors covered include: information and communications technology, defence and security, telecommunications, government and public policy and utilities.