Mr Abraham Tat Hon Teh > Albar & Partners > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Albar & Partners Offices
Suite 14-3, Level 14, Wisma UOA Damansara II
No.6 Changkat Semantan, Damansara Heights,
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Abraham Tat Hon Teh
Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Islamic Finance, Real Estate.
Abraham’s practice focuses on banking & finance, debt capital markets and real estate. Abraham has advised local, regional and international clients on a range of finance issues including assets and acquisition financing, project financing, mezzanine financing, ship and aircraft financing for both domestic and cross border transactions. In addition, he has had significant experience in a wide range of debt capital raising exercises involving the issuance of Sukuk, corporate bonds, subordinated debt instruments as well as perpetual bonds.
Abraham graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK. He was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2007. Abraham commenced legal practice at Khor, Ong & Company in Penang and joined Albar & Partners in 2011 where he was admitted as a Partner in 2017. Abraham has been recognised as a Notable Practitioner for Banking, Capital Markets and Islamic Finance by IFLR 1000: Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms.
Abraham has been involved in the following notable transactions:
- Advised the principal advisers, joint lead arrangers and managers in the RM2.295 billion MBSB Bank Berhad structured covered Sukuk Murabahah facility: Debt Market Deal of the Year (ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2019).
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners in the SGD500 million cross-border financing for a real estate development in Central Boulevard, Singapore by a subsidiary of Malaysian property giant, IOI Property Group Berhad: Real Estate Deal of the Year (ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2019).
- Advised UMW Holdings Berhad as the issuer in the perpetual Islamic notes programme of RM2 billion in nominal value based on Shariah principle of Musharakah: Musharakah Deal of the Year (IFN Law Awards 2018).
- Advised the advisers and arrangers in the establishment of RM800 million unrated perpetual Sukuk Wakalah Al-Istithmar by Tanjung Bin Energy Sdn Bhd with respect to its 1,000 MW super-critical coaled fired power plant. The deal was recognised as Perpetual Deal of the Year (IFN Deals of the Year Awards 2017).
- Advised the advisers and arrangers in the establishment of master programmes of RM3 billion comprising commercial papers of up to RM1.5 billion and medium-term notes of up to RM1.5 billion by MRCB-Quill REIT.
- Advised Maybank Islamic Bank in the RM354.694 million project financing to part finance the construction and development of Langat 2 water treatment plant.
- Advised Weststar Aviation Services Sdn Bhd, the biggest operator of offshore helicopter transportation services for the oil & gas industries in South East Asia, in its RM1.9 billion Islamic aircraft acquisition financing.
Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mandarin Chinese and Hokkien dialects.
Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya and member of the Malaysian Bar
LL.B (Hons), University of Northumbria at Newcastle, UK.
Certificate of Legal Practice.
Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.