Ms Natalie Suan Wan Peh > Albar & Partners > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Albar & Partners Offices
Suite 14-3, Level 14, Wisma UOA Damansara II
No.6 Changkat Semantan, Damansara Heights,
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Ms Natalie Suan Wan Peh
Corporate & Commercial & Capital Markets
Natalie provides legal advice on corporate exercises and commercial transactions involving corporate and securities laws, with particular emphasis on M&As, take-overs, reverse take-overs and joint ventures, venture capital, FDIs, equity-linked offerings, placements, initial public offerings and general corporate advisory matters. Her portfolio spans an extensive list of international and local clients, including leading investment banks and financial institutions, multinational and public listed companies and private equity funds.
Natalie graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Bristol, England and obtained her Masters of Laws degree (Corporate and Commercial Law) from King’s College, London. She was called to the Bar of England & Wales in 1995 as an Utter Barrister of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn. She was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 1997. Prior to joining Albar & Partners, Natalie was a Corporate Partner at a boutique law firm. She was admitted as a Partner at Albar & Partners in 2009.
Natalie has been recognised as a Highly Regarded Leading Lawyer for the practice areas of M&A, Capital Markets and Restructuring and Insolvency, with specialised industry focus on Banking, Government and Public Policy and Oil & Gas by the IFLR1000: Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms (2020 edition). She was previously featured as a Rising Star (2015-2019 edition). She was nominated by in-house counsels and peers as a Rising Star in Capital Markets in the Asialaw Leading Lawyers (2014 edition). She has also been listed in the Malaysia: Who’s Who: Constitution, Government & Politics (2013/2014 edition), besides being voted by in-house counsels and peers as a Leading Lawyer in Real Estate & Property by IFN Leading Lawyers (2012 edition).
Natalie has led in several notable transactions, namely:
- Advised the vendor, Syarikat Pengeluar Air Selangor Holdings Berhad in the RM2.55 billion disposal of its entire equity interest and redeemable unsecured loan stocks of its subsidiary, Syarikat Pengeluar Air Sungai Selangor Sdn Bhd to Pengurusan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd.
- Advised the Purchaser, Malaysia Building Society Berhad (MBSB), in the proposed merger of MBSB and Asian Finance Bank Berhad (AFB), which resulted in the creation of the 2nd largest stand-alone Islamic Bank (MBSB Bank Berhad). The deal won Equity & IPO of the Year Award (IFN Law Awards 2018).
- Advised the issuer, KIP REIT, in the first real estate investment trust listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia with a portfolio focused on hybrid community-centric retail stores.
- Advised Maybank Investment Bank Berhad as the sole placement agent for a private placement involving an issuance of 316.35 million shares in Sime Darby Berhad. At closing, it was the largest primary placement in Southeast Asia for 2016, which was reported to have raised a total of RM2.36 billion.
- Advised in the first concurrent dual listing of the integrated healthcare provider, IHH Healthcare Berhad (IHH), on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia and Singapore Stock Exchange. The IHH IPO was the second largest IPO in Malaysia & in Asia, and the third largest IPO in the world for 2012 at the point of listing, with market capitalisation in the region of RM22.96 billion and offering size of RM6.25 billion. It was recognised as Malaysia Capital Markets Deal of the Year (International Financing Review Asia Awards 2012 Hong Kong) and Deal of the Year (Asian-MENA Counsel Deals of the Year Awards 2012).
- Advised Kencana Petroleum Berhad in the merger of businesses of the Kencana Petroleum Berhad group and the Sapuracrest Petroleum Berhad group through an offer to acquire the entire business and undertakings, including all assets and liabilities of Kencana Petroleum Berhad and that of Sapuracrest Petroleum Berhad, resulting in the merger of assets of an aggregate value of over RM11.8 billion to Form Sapura Kencana Petroleum Berhad, the largest O&G player in the nation and a top 5 in the world by asset size in 2012.
Bahasa Malaysia and English.
Utter Barrister, Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, UK.
Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya and member of the Malaysian Bar.
LL.B (Hons), University of Bristol, England.
LL.M (Corporate and Commercial Law), King’s College, London.
Utter Barrister of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, London.
Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.