Mr Fransiscus Rodyanto > SSEK Legal Consultants > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
SSEK Legal Consultants Offices
MAYAPADA TOWER, 14TH FLOOR
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 28
- Go to...
Mr Fransiscus Rodyanto
Energy, geothermal, mining, oil and gas, project finance and infrastructure, M&A
Fransiscus Rodyanto is a partner at SSEK. He is heavily involved in projects related to the geothermal industry, oil and gas, mining, clean-water supply, ports, real estate and general corporate matters, as well as various commercial transactions. His areas of expertise include project finance, structuring, and procurement.
Frans’ experience includes:
- Representing the largest Indonesian state-owned oil and gas company, PT Pertamina (Persero), in the establishment of a natural gas holding company in Indonesia, specifically in relation to the acquisition of equity shares of a publicly listed state-owned natural gas company, PT Perusahaan Gas Negara, Tbk., which resulted in an additional US$2.7 billion in capital owned by the Government of Indonesia.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to a Middle East-based petroleum and natural gas company in relation to a joint venture arrangement for a more than US$5.5 billion upgrade of a refinery in Indonesia.
- Representing PT Pertamina (Persero) and PT Pertamina EP in an ICC arbitration case over an Enhanced Oil Recovery contract dispute against PT Lirik Petroleum with total claims amounting to more than US$400 million, including the enforcement of said arbitral award in the Indonesian courts.
- Advising Xiaomi Corporation, one of the largest smartphone companies in the world, on various aspects of its establishment and operations in Indonesia.
- Advising Energy Development Corporation, the largest producer of geothermal energy in the Philippines and the second-largest in the world, in connection with its corporate and financing matters in Indonesia.
- Advising ExxonMobil on its operations and projects in Indonesia.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to McDermott in securing credit facilities amounting up to US$1.1 billion from well-known international creditors, including Credit Agricole and Investment Bank.
Frans has written articles on Indonesia’s geothermal industry that have been published in publications including Renewable Energy World, Global Energy Center of Atlantic Council and Think Geoenergy. Frans was the keynote speaker at the 2nd Annual GeoPower Markets Indonesia & Philippines conference.
Frans is a member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi), which allows him to practice in all Indonesian courts. Frans is fluent in English and Indonesian.
Frans received his Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Economics from the University of Indonesia. He also earned an English diploma from the Faculty of Humanities at the same university. In 2011, Frans earned his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in European and international business law from Leiden University, the Netherlands, as part of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship program.