Mr Denny Rahmansyah > SSEK Legal Consultants > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
SSEK Legal Consultants Offices
MAYAPADA TOWER, 14TH FLOOR
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 28
- Go to...
Mr Denny Rahmansyah
M&A, real estate, construction, restructuring and insolvency, banking and finance
Denny Rahmansyah joined SSEK in 2001. He has been deeply involved in numerous major transactions related to cross-border mergers and acquisitions, cross-border debt restructurings, banking and finance companies, plantations and private power and infrastructure projects.
Denny is experienced in the fields of oil and gas, mining, real estate and property, including hotels and villas, forestry, foreign investment and general commercial and corporate law.
Denny is named by Asialaw and IFLR1000 as a Leading Lawyer in Indonesia for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions, and is recognized by Chambers Asia-Pacific and The Legal 500 for real estate. He is included in the Asia Business Law Journal A-List of Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers.
Prior to joining SSEK, Denny was associated with another prominent law firm in Jakarta where he worked mostly in acquisition and debt restructuring matters.
Denny’s experience includes:
- Assisting Ovolo Group, an award-winning luxury boutique hotel brand headquartered in Hong Kong, with the acquisition of a resort hotel in Bali.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to KEB Hana Bank Korea, South Korea’s largest bank by assets, and the largest foreign exchange bank in South Korea, in connection with the acquisition by LINE Corporation, through its subsidiary LINE Financial Asia, of a 20% stake in PT Bank KEB Hana Indonesia through a Share Subscription Agreement.
- Acting for TSH Resources Berhad (TSH), one of Malaysia’s largest plantation companies, as the seller in a US$110.1 million Indonesian landbank transaction.
- Acting for Ladang Lekir Sdn. Bhd., a Malaysian oil palm and rubber plantation company, and an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of the Perak State Agricultural Development Corporation, in the sale of its shares in an Indonesian oil palm company, PT Pinang Witmas Sejati.
- Acting for China Fortune Land Development (CFLD) in the acquisition of approximately 280 hectares of land located in Karawang Regency, West Java, from PT Buana Makmur Indah (BMI), which is part of leading Indonesian land and property developer Agung Podomoro Land (APL).
- Assisting NTT Communications (NTT Com), a subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, the largest telecommunications company in Japan and one of the largest globally, and PT NTT Indonesia Nexcenter with the acquisition of land in an industrial area outside of Jakarta. The acquired land will be used for the construction of what would be the largest data center facility in Indonesia.
- Assisting MNC Land, a leading Indonesian property company, in its collaboration with Trump Organization on the “Trump Residences Indonesia,” two ultra-luxury integrated developments in Bali and Lido, Bogor.
- Acting for WeWork, the US multinational that provides shared workspaces and services for entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups, small businesses and large enterprises, in the opening of its newest location in Jakarta.
- Assisting Kohler and its Indonesian subsidiary with the acquisition of approximately 20 hectares of land for the development of a new manufacturing plant.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, on its partnership with PT Mega Manunggal Property, an Indonesian publicly listed logistics developer and one of Indonesia’s leading modern logistics companies, to develop logistics warehouses in Indonesia.
- Representing the Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility in its role as guarantor in the issuance of two tranches of medium-term notes in the amount of US$10.7 million.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to Daewoo International Corporation in connection with the US$210 million funding for the expansion of copper cathode plants in Maluku Province, Indonesia.
- Advising Minor International, the largest hospitality and leisure company in the Asia-Pacific, in its acquisition of the now-named Anantara Vacation Club Seminyak, a boutique villa development in Bali.
Association of Indonesian Legal Consultants (AKHI), Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi)
Denny received his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Indonesia in 2000, and in 2009 earned his Master of Laws in international economic and business law from the University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
SSEK Legal Consultants advises on the full range of real estate law, with particular strength in the tourism and hospitality sectors. The practice is also active in advising on land acquisitions and leasing matters in the energy and natural resources sectors. Real estate specialist Denny Rahmansyah advises on M&A, joint ventures, hotel and resort developments, industrial land acquisitions, and office and retail leases. Michael Twomey has a strong commercial real estate development, hotels and project finance practice.