Ms Ira A Eddymurthy > SSEK Legal Consultants > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
SSEK Legal Consultants Offices
MAYAPADA TOWER, 14TH FLOOR
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 28
- Go to...
Ms Ira A Eddymurthy
Banking and finance, capital markets, M&A, insurance law, energy and natural resources
Ira A. Eddymurthy is a founding partner of SSEK. She specializes in capital markets and banking law, mergers and acquisitions, finance, including project finance, insurance and tax law.
Ira’s recent experience includes:
- Representing the Indonesian Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises and state-owned energy company Pertamina in the formation of an Oil and Gas Holding SoE.
- Advising Malaysian investment holding company RII Holdings Sdn Bhd on its acquisition of a substantial equity interest in leading Indonesian logistics company PT Pandu Siwi Sentosa.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel for Procter & Gamble in its acquisition of the worldwide consumer health business of Merck.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel for Alibaba Group Holding in its US$1 billion purchase of a controlling stake in Southeast Asian online retailer Lazada Group.
- Representing the Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility (CGIF) in its role as guarantor in the issuance of two tranches of medium-term notes.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to GlaxoSmithKline as part of its global transaction with Novartis that saw the pharmaceutical companies complete a series of asset swaps worth more than US$20 billion.
Ira has been recognized as one of the top corporate, commercial, and mergers and acquisitions lawyers in Indonesia by Chambers Asia-Pacific and acknowledged as a leading capital markets lawyer by IFLR1000, Legal 500, Chambers Asia-Pacific and Who’s Who Legal. She has been endorsed by Who’s Who Legal and Legal 500 as a leading banking lawyer, and by Asia Law & Practice as a leading restructuring and insolvency, and mergers and acquisitions practitioner.
Ira was named the Woman Lawyer of the Year at the 2017 Asian Legal Business Indonesia Law Awards. She was a featured speaker at the inaugural US-Indonesia Women’s CEO Summit, hosted by the American Indonesian Chamber of Commerce in Washington, DC.
Ira is a regular participant and speaker at Inter-Pacific Bar Association conferences, and represented the Indonesian jurisdiction of this body from 2002 to 2008. She is licensed as an advocate and Indonesian capital markets legal consultant.
Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi), International Bar Association, Inter-Pacific Bar Association
Ira graduated from the University of Indonesia Faculty of Law in 1984, was a visiting scholar at the University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall) School of Law from 1990 to 1991, and attended the Academy of American and International Law in Dallas, Texas, in 1991.
SSEK Legal Consultants’ broad corporate offering regularly advises on competition law, most notably on merger filings and general advisory issues. The team has acted for major names such as Nissan, GsK, and Softbank. Ira A Eddymurthy and Fahrul Yusuf are the two key names of note.
SSEK Legal Consultants is highly skilled in handling the regulatory aspects of financial services and insurance firms entering the market, as well as expertise in project finance and syndicated loans. The team is led by Ira Eddymurthy who is and expert in project finance, insurance and tax law.
SSEK Legal Consultants is one of the standout independent firms in the region and attracts instructions from both international companies and international law firms on corporate deals. The team has a notably strong offering in Indonesia’s lucrative fintech and e-commerce sectors, often assisting global investors and private equity houses on major investments in this space. Michael Carl and Fahrul Yusuf primarily handle this part of the practice, with Carl also focusing heavily on the natural resources sector. Senior foreign counsel Michael Twomey is also heavily involved in the energy sector, whereas Ira Eddymurthy has a notably strong presence in the healthcare and pharmaceutical markets.
|Indonesia: Pharmaceutical Advertising||November 2020||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Pharmaceutical Advertising laws and regulations that may occur in Indonesia.|
- Corporate and M&A - Indonesia
- Hall of Fame - Indonesia > Banking and finance
- Leading individuals - Indonesia > Banking and finance
- Antitrust and competition - Indonesia
- Banking and finance - Indonesia