Rusmaini Lenggogeni > SSEK Law Firm > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
SSEK Law Firm Offices
MAYAPADA TOWER, 14TH FLOOR
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 28
- Go to...
Antitrust and competition law, banking and finance, capital markets, construction and real estate, corporate restructuring and insolvency, healthcare and life sciences, intellectual property, labor and employment, mergers and acquisitions, TMT
Rusmaini Lenggogeni is a supervising partner of SSEK’s corporate acquisitions and mergers, and capital markets and securities practices. She regularly acts for clients in cross-border transactions across various sectors of the Indonesian economy.
Prior to joining SSEK, Rusmaini participated in the University of Indonesia Business Development Apprenticeship Program with PT USI Jaya/IBM. In 1998, she worked as a foreign associate at Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP in Washington, D.C.
Rusmaini has been named by Asialaw and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a leading practitioner in Indonesia for capital markets, corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
• Advised PT Indosat Tbk on the establishment of a data center joint venture with Indosat subsidiary PT Aplikanusa Lintasarta and BDx Asia Data Center Holdings Pte. Ltd.
• Assisted Restaurant Brands Asia Limited, a listed Indian company that operates major F&B brands, as Indonesian counsel in the acquisition of a controlling stake in PT Sari Burger Indonesia, the franchisee of Burger King in Indonesia.
• Assisted Sentul City Tbk, a leading Indonesia property developer, in the sale of Aeon Mall Sentul City, Bogor, just south of the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, to Aeon Japan, the operator of the Aeon retail brand.
• Acted as tax partner for one of Malaysia’s largest plantation companies as the seller in a US$110.1 million Indonesian landbank transaction.
• Assisted a Southeast Asia-based company that invests in and operates specialty hospitals and centers around Asia with the acquisition of several land plots for the construction of specialty hospitals in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta.
• Assisted in the establishment of PT Western Union Indonesia, in addition to the existing representative office, in order to meet evolving regulatory requirements.
• Assisted Kohler China Investment Co. Ltd. in establishing PT Kohler Plumbing Indonesia, a wholesale distributor of plumbing and related products.
• Represented Rentokil Plc and its subsidiaries in an acquisition of assets of an established competitor in Indonesia.
- Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi)
- Indonesian Association of Capital Markets Legal Consultants
- Licensed as an Indonesian capital markets legal consultant
- International Bar Association
- University of Indonesia, S.H., 1992
- American University Washington College of Law, LL.M. in International Business Studies, 1998
- Attended the Academy of American and International Law in Dallas, Texas, 1994
Independent Indonesian firm SSEK Law Firm often acts as local counsel to large international firms on cross-border M&A, and has considerable experience of large multibillion dollar deals. It also acts for multinationals and large Indonesian companies on transactions, joint ventures, private equity and regulatory matters. The team is jointly led by Rusmaini Lenggogeni and Ira Eddymurthy, with Eddymurthy offering a wealth of experience in M&A and foreign investment, with a focus on the insurance and healthcare sectors. Michael Carl is active in the natural resources and tech sectors, while senior foreign legal counsel Michael Twomey handles deals in the energy, power and oil and gas industries. Former practice co-head Fahrul Yusuf left for EY Law in January 2022.
The IP team at SSEK Law Firm advises on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters, acting for domestic and multinational clients on the protection of trademarks, patents, copyrights and industrial designs. The practice is particularly active across the energy and natural resources, pharmaceutical and digital sectors. Rusmaini Lenggogeni leads the team, working closely with associate and registered IP consultant Dian Kirana, who represents clients in the prosecution and litigation of IP rights in Indonesia.
Praised for delivering ‘excellent advisory services to clients’, SSEK Law Firm advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, from employee contracts and personal protection issues to litigious mandates, namely employment terminations. Furthermore, the team frequently collaborates with the firm’s corporate practice to handle the employment aspects of high-value M&A transactions. Syahdan Z. Aziz jointly leads the practice alongside Rusmaini Lenggogeni, while senior associate Dicky Tanjung acts for clients across the energy and natural resources, and manufacturing sectors on employment termination matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and M&A
- IT, Telecoms and Fintech
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency